Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New Changes and their impact/affect?

New Changes and their impact/affect?

Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

ali2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Changes and their impact/affect?

Hi Everyone,

I have recently submitted my application to CIC,Sydney in Skilled worker Category and waiting for the initial assessment.

I want to know whether new changes will affect my application or those who will submit their applications after the date the changes will be enforce?

any idea?

Regards,
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Changes and their impact/affect?

Hi

Originally Posted by ali2010
Hi Everyone,

I have recently submitted my application to CIC,Sydney in Skilled worker Category and waiting for the initial assessment.

I want to know whether new changes will affect my application or those who will submit their applications after the date the changes will be enforce?

any idea?

Regards,
Unlikely, but they can, if the Ministers invokes sec.77 and 70(1) of the Regulations

Permanent Resident Visa

Issuance
70. (1) An officer shall issue a permanent resident visa to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that
(a) the foreign national has applied in accordance with these Regulations for a permanent resident visa as a member of a class referred to in subsection (2);
(b) the foreign national is coming to Canada to establish permanent residence;
(c) the foreign national is a member of that class;
(d) the foreign national meets the selection criteria and other requirements applicable to that class; and
(e) the foreign national and their family members, whether accompanying or not, are not inadmissible.

Conformity — applicable times
77. For the purposes of Part 5, the requirements and criteria set out in sections 75 and 76 must be met at the time an application for a permanent resident visa is made as well as at the time the visa is issued.

Last edited by PMM; Apr 26th 2010 at 6:06 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

ali2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Changes and their impact/affect?

Hi,

Wow, that's scary. Anyhow, Finger crossed

Thanks alot for quick reply,

Regards,