Skilled Workers 2013

Old Oct 26th 2012, 8:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Workers 2013

Rather than just posting pointless digs at each other, can we get this thread back on track for those whose lives will be affected by the rule changes? Keep the 'banter' to The Maple Leaf, ta muchly.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 4:29 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Old Oct 26th 2012, 6:58 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
+1
Who are you plus oneing? (Hmmm that's not a word is it?)
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:17 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Who are you plus oneing? (Hmmm that's not a word is it?)
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Rather than just posting pointless digs at each other, can we get this thread back on track for those whose lives will be affected by the rule changes? Keep the 'banter' to The Maple Leaf, ta muchly.
The last post by christmasoompa for the same reason Innit!

Plus oneing? It's a word, but not as we know it Scottie.
I knew what you meant
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...d-workers.html

more mention of a pool from which provinces and employers can chose from.

hamazz
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hamazz

hamazz

"Kenney has also announced that Canada plans to admit between 53,500 and 55,300 new Canadians in 2013 under the revamped federal skilled worker program, which will be geared more toward accepting young people."

Would interestingly hint that the "cap" may be higher than 10,000.

Although this presumably includes FSW2 and the trades worker subclass?

Wayne.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point

also the release a few days ago mentioned an expression of interest system

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-11-02.asp

guess 2013 will have alot of changes to all the streams

hamazz
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought this was worth sharing...

http://www.cicnews.com/2012/11/canad...ar-111990.html
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KetanP

Interesting 55,000 FSW visas for 2013.
But this is visas, not applications. So guessing an average of maybe 3 applicants per application, we may be looking at <20,000 applications. I am assuming that FSW2 and the new trade worker class is counted in there as well.

So actually general FSW admissions could be as low as 10,000.

And if there's no "list" and they haven't introduced an EOI system by then, any guesses as to how many days it will take for any given cap to be reached?

Wayne.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hamazz

hamazz
Hi

How can a Employer, pick an applicant and wait for an year long....until he gets his visa......I don't think he would hold the position until the applicant processes his visa which can take at least 6 to 8 months.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I have just received my IELTS results, and I just wanted to check that I am understanding them correctly so I can estimate my score accurately for the points system. Below is how I scored.

Listening: 8.5, Reading: 8, Writing: 9, Speaking: 9 - Overall Score: 8.5

I believe an overall score of 8.5 means I have a 'High Proficiency' in English which would give me the maximum 24 points. Am I correct?

Also, has anyone heard any news about which organisations CIC will accept Credentials Assessments from? I have been looking around and can't seem to see any new info on it. Would anyone know when or where they are likely to announce this?

Thank you
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I believe an overall score of 8.5 means I have a 'High Proficiency' in English which would give me the maximum 24 points. Am I correct?
I believe so.

Also, has anyone heard any news about which organisations CIC will accept Credentials Assessments from? I have been looking around and can't seem to see any new info on it.
That's because there isn't any. Nothing's changed since you last asked.

Just keep an eye on the CIC website, and the Gazette, and it'll be announced there. But it may well not be until January.

HTH.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have just received my IELTS results, and I just wanted to check that I am understanding them correctly so I can estimate my score accurately for the points system. Below is how I scored.

Also, has anyone heard any news about which organisations CIC will accept Credentials Assessments from? I have been looking around and can't seem to see any new info on it. Would anyone know when or where they are likely to announce this?

Thank you
Thats exactely what scoare I got for each of them sections. I think that must be a standerd mark they give to everone
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thank you
Hi KetanP

congrats, Could you please suggest some good materials/downloads and tips to be followed for IELTS prep......thanks
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sriraksha
Hi KetanP

congrats, Could you please suggest some good materials/downloads and tips to be followed for IELTS prep......thanks
Hi... well I am probably not the best person to ask as my native language is English so I was a bit lazy in preparing.

However, I would recommend the below book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-IE...4784336&sr=8-1

Also you can take practice tests on the Canada Visa site:

http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free...ice-tests.html

These were the only 2 resources I used. Also if you have an iPad/iPhone there are a couple of IELTS apps you can download, however I never got round to using them.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.