Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Excessive demand - medical for common law

Excessive demand - medical for common law

Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

newstart187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excessive demand - medical for common law

Can anyone provide a link to the cic website where it says excessive demand is exempt for partner sponsorship? I was told at my medical I would be lucky to pass due to cost on their health service.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excessive demand - medical for common law

Originally Posted by newstart187
Can anyone provide a link to the cic website where it says excessive demand is exempt for partner sponsorship? I was told at my medical I would be lucky to pass due to cost on their health service.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op02-eng.pdf
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. I knew this was the case from reading about it here but to be told this was quite a shock. I was also required to have further tests done as my urine test was positive.

So what happens now? Do I prepare for an appeal when I am rejected, should we not apply and see if I can get my condition more under control and redo the medical and hopefully pass next time with another doctor who knows the requirements.

Last edited by newstart187; Dec 7th 2012 at 3:02 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I knew this was the case from reading about it here but to be told this was quite a shock. I was also required to have further tests done as my urine test was positive.

So what happens now? Do I prepare for an appeal when I am rejected, should we not apply and see if I can get my condition more under control and redo the medical and hopefully pass next time with another doctor who knows the requirements.
Did you read the link? Have a look at 5.20.

What the doctor thinks is irrelevant, it is what the IO that processes the application decides.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

I did yes. But I am worried and I would imagine others would be in my position.

Thanks for the reassurance that the doctor doesn't decide.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Your not going to be rejected if your doing spousal sponsorship. The doctor will have filled in the form that's specific for members of the family class and your excessive demand except. It does not matter how much you will cost the Canadian health service. As far as I'm aware the only reason you would be rejected is if your condition is a danger or health risk to other Canadian's.