Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Still waiting - SINP/Skilled Worker

Still waiting - SINP/Skilled Worker

Old Jul 6th 2012, 12:46 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice
Default Still waiting - SINP/Skilled Worker

It's been just over 8 months since we applied under the SINP skilled worker category, and we still haven't heard anything

So fed up, it's so disheartening

Has anyone else had there nomination lately?

Living in limbo is a nightmare, and I'm sure a lot of you have gone through the same... how did you cope!!!!

Julie
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Still waiting - SINP/Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by JulieLord
It's been just over 8 months since we applied under the SINP skilled worker category, and we still haven't heard anything

So fed up, it's so disheartening

Has anyone else had there nomination lately?

Living in limbo is a nightmare, and I'm sure a lot of you have gone through the same... how did you cope!!!!

Julie
Without rubbing it in, you know we just got ours! The wait is horrible....keep the faith,you'll get there. Keep us posted.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:05 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

ah bless ya! I know you are not rubbing it in and yes, the wait will be worth it..

Thanks and will keep you posted

Hope all your planning is going smoothly
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:49 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Well I spoke to a guy at SINP this week and he checked the status of my file, which was still 'In Process'. I tried to wangle some more information out of him and all he said was, 'there is no documents required at this time, and your application is nearing the end'.

I am truly hoping we will receive our nomination soon...

has anyone else ever had this response.. any glimmer if hope is appreciated.. I got no flippin nails left for chewing them!!

Julie
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Well I spoke to a guy at SINP this week and he checked the status of my file, which was still 'In Process'. I tried to wangle some more information out of him and all he said was, 'there is no documents required at this time, and your application is nearing the end'.

I am truly hoping we will receive our nomination soon...

has anyone else ever had this response.. any glimmer if hope is appreciated.. I got no flippin nails left for chewing them!!

Julie
Hi there, towards the end of our application we got the same response. The waiting without any way of knowing how long it might take is beyond infuriating but I think things are moving quicker now so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. Then the panic really begins!!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:32 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Hi there, towards the end of our application we got the same response. The waiting without any way of knowing how long it might take is beyond infuriating but I think things are moving quicker now so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. Then the panic really begins!!
Lol!! I'm sort of prepared with the panic scenario... being ex military and Government I tend to make sure everything is a military operation .. but still, having never experienced something like this before, I'm sure panic will set in at some stage!

I'm glad to hear you got the same response towards the end of your application, it gives us hope!

Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

simon6 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine is sinp skill worker too, I did last Sept and got file number 7th Sept, then I had document request on 23th Apri, 2012 and submitted to sinp office on 5th May 2012, I am still waiting ,it's already over 10 month! hopefully we can have good news soon!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:08 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by simon6
mine is sinp skill worker too, I did last Sept and got file number 7th Sept, then I had document request on 23th Apri, 2012 and submitted to sinp office on 5th May 2012, I am still waiting ,it's already over 10 month! hopefully we can have good news soon!
Simon,

I had a reply to an email I sent previously which may explain some of the process.. here it is:

From the time the applications are entered into our system until the final assessment letter is sent to the applicant and/or Rep the only response the SINP can ever provide is “in process” as the file is in our processing queue. It is very time consuming to handle the volume of status inquiries so trust this explanation assists you in understanding that unless we email a letter requesting documents the file is in the processing queue. If documents are requested the file is pulled out of the processing queue and other completed files move ahead in the processing queue, which is why it’s important to submit complete application packages. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

This may explain the reason for your's taking so long
Old Jul 15th 2012, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Lol!! I'm sort of prepared with the panic scenario... being ex military and Government I tend to make sure everything is a military operation .. but still, having never experienced something like this before, I'm sure panic will set in at some stage!

I'm glad to hear you got the same response towards the end of your application, it gives us hope!

Thanks
[[/I]

It's more reality setting in that this is actually going to happen and change our lives. We're both ex-mil too so we're sticking by the old 7 p's adage!! lol
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:11 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Anyone else got their nomination lately??

Nearly 9 months waiting for ours now
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi,JulieLord:

we are almost the same timeline, the sinp feels like to be pause recently, do you have any news from sinp? how about the other applicants you know?

thank you
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:11 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Hi,JulieLord:

we are almost the same timeline, the sinp feels like to be pause recently, do you have any news from sinp? how about the other applicants you know?

thank you
Hi Simon6,

I spoke to our immigration consultant this week via email and they were going to contact SINP as they also have other applicants who have been waiting a long time. They also seem to think the processing times have been far too long.

I will let you know when we have heard from our Immigration Consultant.

It's dreadful all this waiting

When did you apply?

Julie
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

thank you! I applied Sep 2011.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:26 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

thank you! I applied Sep 2011.
sorry, I just saw your previous post with your timeline .. silly me!

keep us informed if you hear anything too.

All the best
Old Aug 6th 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Simon6,

I spoke to our immigration consultant this week via email and they were going to contact SINP as they also have other applicants who have been waiting a long time. They also seem to think the processing times have been far too long.

I will let you know when we have heard from our Immigration Consultant.

It's dreadful all this waiting

When did you apply?

Julie
Hi,Julie:

any reply from your consultan? I am so worry!

thank you so much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.