Spousal question

Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal question

Hi All,

I had heard something from someone in bulgaria or bolivia - can't remember where she was from but anyway she had told me that after being married if I leave the country to apply for my spousal application that the government will ask me why I left Canada and that I can't say to speed the paperwork up? She also said that they will say you have the chance to stay here.. I am leaving because I don't want to sit on my ass for 2 years waiting for a decision to be made so I want to apply outland and hurry everything up. I don't understand why that is wrong..

Can someone shed some light on this. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to leave Canada to go to the UK to apply for spousal application as it is one of the options they give you? Is this person just feeding me b/s or what?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal question

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Hi All,

I had heard something from someone in bulgaria or bolivia - can't remember where she was from but anyway she had told me that after being married if I leave the country to apply for my spousal application that the government will ask me why I left Canada and that I can't say to speed the paperwork up? She also said that they will say you have the chance to stay here.. I am leaving because I don't want to sit on my ass for 2 years waiting for a decision to be made so I want to apply outland and hurry everything up. I don't understand why that is wrong..

Can someone shed some light on this. I don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to leave Canada to go to the UK to apply for spousal application as it is one of the options they give you? Is this person just feeding me b/s or what?

Thanks in advance
Have you been onto the CIC website to verify if this is true or not?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...nsor/index.asp

Did this person also state they could sell you a bridge as well or they have some nice real estate for sale in the Everglades area of Florida?
Im assuming this person that said that doesnt work for CIC?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Have you been onto the CIC website to verify if this is true or not?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...nsor/index.asp

Did this person also state they could sell you a bridge as well or they have some nice real estate for sale in the Everglades area of Florida?
Im assuming this person that said that doesnt work for CIC?
Shes a nut - she doesn't work for the CIC she is applying for a visa herself I dont know what class she is applying under - I just read through those FAQ'S and it has eased my mind already.. She was telling me a lot of weird things about immigration that I had never heard before.. She said that the government get paid by the applications they process so they choose the smaller ones first and they get commission by application :S She was in another world.

Thanks for your info though - appreciate it, some nutters out there lol
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Shes a nut - she doesn't work for the CIC she is applying for a visa herself I dont know what class she is applying under - I just read through those FAQ'S and it has eased my mind already.. She was telling me a lot of weird things about immigration that I had never heard before.. She said that the government get paid by the applications they process so they choose the smaller ones first and they get commission by application :S She was in another world.

Thanks for your info though - appreciate it, some nutters out there lol
I believe the motto is Welcome to BE we are here to please (well sometimes)
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I believe the motto is Welcome to BE we are here to please (well sometimes)
Ha ha - thanks a lot