Couple of FSW questions

Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:22 am
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of FSW questions

Hi all
I,m in the process of completing all the forms for FSW and have a couple of questions.
My application is for me, my wife and my 2 year old son. I also have 3 "kids" from a previous marriage aged 25(daughter), 21(daughter with a 4 year old daughter and not in a common law relationship) and 16(son), none of them wish to come with us.
I know I have to include my 21 year old daughter and 16 year old son on my application as non-accompanying, but do I have to include her daughter (my granddaughter) on the application aswell?
Do I need to send birth certs, police certs etc for everyone or just the actual people who will be going ( me, my wife and 2 yr old)
I am looking to send my application at the beginning of June to arrive before 1st July. Will this be processed under the rules in place now or any new rules imposed in July (ie; is it when they receive it or when they actually start to process it?)
Thanks in advance, I haven't posted much on here but it has been an invaluable resource of info.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:07 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Couple of FSW questions

Originally Posted by Claren
Hi all
I,m in the process of completing all the forms for FSW and have a couple of questions.
My application is for me, my wife and my 2 year old son. I also have 3 "kids" from a previous marriage aged 25(daughter), 21(daughter with a 4 year old daughter and not in a common law relationship) and 16(son), none of them wish to come with us.
I know I have to include my 21 year old daughter and 16 year old son on my application as non-accompanying, but do I have to include her daughter (my granddaughter) on the application aswell?
Do I need to send birth certs, police certs etc for everyone or just the actual people who will be going ( me, my wife and 2 yr old)
I am looking to send my application at the beginning of June to arrive before 1st July. Will this be processed under the rules in place now or any new rules imposed in July (ie; is it when they receive it or when they actually start to process it?)
Thanks in advance, I haven't posted much on here but it has been an invaluable resource of info.
Hiya,
I'm afraid I can't help with any of the 'kids' questions but in relation to submitting your application, they'll treat it in line with the current set of ministerial instructions in place at the time. So if it lands with them before any changes, then that's how they'll deal with it.
Our initial application arrived with them, pre-June '10, although our 'full application' arrived after the changes, we were dealt with under the older rules (no ILETS, for example)
Good luck
Katie
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Hi
Good luck with the app

Police certs are for the adults only (you and your wife), birth certs are for all.
With regard to the grand-daughter I don't know, but personally would include her as omitting this information would be worse than not including it if CIC want to know.

Hi all
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking, but you say you are planning on applying at the end of June - are you sure that your NOC code won't be full by then? Just don't want you to miss out, which NOC are you applying under?

Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:21 pm
AB/SK

Hi
I am applying as a plumber 7251, less than 40 on the cic website so should be okay, I have over 5 years experience but the company I worked for went bust, I can prove I worked there(payslips etc) and can get a reference from my old boss but wasnt 100% sure they would accept just that as it wouldn't be on company headed paper. End of May I have been at my new place for 12 months and clear the points threshold so am holding out until then to make sure.
Cheers
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I am applying as a plumber 7251, less than 40 on the cic website so should be okay, I have over 5 years experience but the company I worked for went bust, I can prove I worked there(payslips etc) and can get a reference from my old boss but wasnt 100% sure they would accept just that as it wouldn't be on company headed paper. End of May I have been at my new place for 12 months and clear the points threshold so am holding out until then to make sure.
Cheers
You're right, plumber is unlikely to be full, but don't forget thought that there is a total cap as well. So as soon as 10,000 applications have been received (for any NOCs), then the FSW program will close - leaving it until June might be quite risky imo.

But you do need something to show you've done the duties listed under plumber for a least a year full-time, so I can see your predicament!

Best of luck and fingers crossed for you.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:26 pm
AB/SK

Yes its a bit tight
I would apply now but I am worried that because I have limited proof of what I have done they will say no, so its just going to have to go in later rather than sooner.
Regards changes in July, is it staying the same (points allocation etc) or are they likely to throw a very large spanner in my works
I think I've looked at every single post on this forum
Think positive, think positive
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes its a bit tight
I would apply now but I am worried that because I have limited proof of what I have done they will say no, so its just going to have to go in later rather than sooner.
Regards changes in July, is it staying the same (points allocation etc) or are they likely to throw a very large spanner in my works
I think I've looked at every single post on this forum
Think positive, think positive
The points system is potentially going to change - although they have been saying that since early last year, but most people think that if they're going to do it, they'll do it when they change the list in July (don't forget that plumbers won't automatically be on it, so that's another thing to consider).

The change to the points may well be in your favour though, it's expected that younger applicants will receive greater points, as will those who have done less 'formal' schooling but something like an apprenticeship, and more for language too - so as an English plumber, it could be good for you..........that's if plumbers are still eligible of course!

Best of luck.