Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Alberta PNP - can anyone answer our questions?

Alberta PNP - can anyone answer our questions?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

andrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really nice
Default Alberta PNP - can anyone answer our questions?

Hi - new to this forum and placed our first request for information on lifestyle thread - whoops!

Now we're in the right place, can anyone help with these questions -

My husband has received a job offer thro' PNP. While we're waiting for confirmation from PNP, is there anything else we should be doing prior to submitting our application to CHC in London. Does my husband need to prove his work history even though he's been offered a job? Do we need our NI files, work history and police checks prior to submission or do the CHC do that as part of the application?

If anyone can offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew & Linda
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:13 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alberta PNP - can anyone answer our questions?

Yes - you need all evidence to be submitted with PR application to CHC.

Originally Posted by andrew & linda
Hi - new to this forum and placed our first request for information on lifestyle thread - whoops!

My husband has received a job offer thro' PNP. While we're waiting for confirmation from PNP, is there anything else we should be doing prior to submitting our application to CHC in London. Does my husband need to prove his work history even though he's been offered a job? Do we need our NI files, work history and police checks prior to submission or do the CHC do that as part of the application?

Thanks,

Andrew & Linda
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

andrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes - you need all evidence to be submitted with PR application to CHC.
Thanks for your reply. We've sent away to our previous employers asking for letters. We've applied for our police checks and asked for NI files. We've done this off our own back to try and speed things up when we eventually hear from PNP. Is there anything else you suggest we could be doing / requesting while we are waiting?

Much obliged.

Andrew & Linda
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:49 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry, but I can't tell you what else may be needed (beyond what you see in application kit's checklist) as I don't know your case, circumstances of your qualifications, experience and job offer, I haven't see your evidence so far, etc.

Each case is unique and always requires case and circumstances specific evidence - there is no such thing as "one size fits all" in immigration process and application kits only provide a list of generic, basic requirements and list only minimum required documents plus state to submit "all other evidence that may support your case". The devil is always in "all other evidence that may support your case". Unfortunately too many applicants don't take "all other evidence" request seriously and it is one of reasons we have 50% refusal rate.

Thanks for your reply. We've sent away to our previous employers asking for letters. We've applied for our police checks and asked for NI files. We've done this off our own back to try and speed things up when we eventually hear from PNP. Is there anything else you suggest we could be doing / requesting while we are waiting?

Much obliged.

Andrew & Linda
Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I'm sorry, but I can't tell you what else may be needed (beyond what you see in application kit's checklist) as I don't know your case, circumstances of your qualifications, experience and job offer, I haven't see your evidence so far, etc.

Each case is unique and always requires case and circumstances specific evidence - there is no such thing as "one size fits all" in immigration process and application kits only provide a list of generic, basic requirements and list only minimum required documents plus state to submit "all other evidence that may support your case". The devil is always in "all other evidence that may support your case". Unfortunately too many applicants don't take "all other evidence" request seriously and it is one of reasons we have 50% refusal rate.
HI there
What's an NI file and how do you get one.
Andy
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Griff
HI there
What's an NI file and how do you get one.
Andy
Hi,

the NI file is your National Insurance file, which the Inland Revenue can provide for you, free of charge. It will list every employer you have worked for when you have paid your NI contribution. It also lists your annual salary with whichever employer. You can write to the Data Protection Unit, N.I.C.O, Benton Park View, Newcastle, NE98 1ZZ and state "I WISH TO ACCESS MY NATIONAL INSURANCE ACCOUNT UNDER THE TERMS OF THE DATA PROTECTION ACT".

Ours came back 3 days later. I have read on the "Escape Mate" website that it may not do any harm to include the file with the application to the CHC in London.

I would welcome anyones thoughts or experiences of this, mind you!

I hope this is of some help.

Andy
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Hi,

the NI file is your National Insurance file, which the Inland Revenue can provide for you, free of charge. It will list every employer you have worked for when you have paid your NI contribution. It also lists your annual salary with whichever employer. You can write to the Data Protection Unit, N.I.C.O, Benton Park View, Newcastle, NE98 1ZZ and state "I WISH TO ACCESS MY NATIONAL INSURANCE ACCOUNT UNDER THE TERMS OF THE DATA PROTECTION ACT".

Ours came back 3 days later. I have read on the "Escape Mate" website that it may not do any harm to include the file with the application to the CHC in London.

I would welcome anyones thoughts or experiences of this, mind you!

I hope this is of some help.

Andy
thanks very much
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:09 am
halfway

dmelec has a spectacular aura aboutdmelec has a spectacular aura aboutdmelec has a spectacular aura about

Thanks,

Andrew & Linda
Hi , i am in a similar position , although i am going to alberta on a work permit , with a view to obtaining PR via PNP after first year or two , should i be gathering police checks etc . now to take with me ? does anyone specifically ask for the NI file ?
thanks
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmelec
Hi , i am in a similar position , although i am going to alberta on a work permit , with a view to obtaining PR via PNP after first year or two , should i be gathering police checks etc . now to take with me ? does anyone specifically ask for the NI file ?
thanks
Hi,

We're still a little confused ourselves, however, Police checks appear to be accepted by CHC, etc only for 3 months since issue. Your NI file, it was suggested to us, is a good place to get info re dates of employment over the years, and annual salaries. I have seen an item on ESCAPEMATE website which suggests (and it is only a suggestion) that the NI file is submitted with your application. I don't know if they specifically ask for it. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

[QUOTE=andrew & linda]Hi -
my husband also has been offered a job thru PNp, the company then ask the govt to accept who they want to employ, told yes, then we have to apply for work permit. we have just sent off everything required inc police checks, certified copies of birth cert, marriage certs, divorce certs, copies of passports 8x photos each,up to date references, i think that was abt it. turn around at the moment is abt 4 weeks so we have our fingered that taking xmas and new year out of the equation we could be there feb/march. paperwork for the eventual pr has to be done BEFORE you go as its so much easier. this is only our experience but we also are going to alberta, edmonton actually as lorry driver. hope this helps