Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Manitobian, great to hear from you thank you so much i will try that today. I have my annual leave (work holiday) from about 12 - 24 sept and I think i have some other extra days also at the end of that so will check this morning at work. Will let you know what happens, fingers crossed ( i hope thats a fingers crossed sign, i havent got my reading glasses on )
Nostalgialave - Good luck with your letter.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

keeping fingers crossed for you then. Make sure you put as much info as possible into it ..looking at the criterias they are asking about. Make sure you have answered in details the question: "why on earth would you want to move to Manitoba"
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Manitobian, I have now sent the e mail to Sarah as suggested, I really hope my application and dates will be good!! I didnt resend my whole application, just mentioned about my work dates and asked if she needed my application information resent.
NostalgiaLava, I really hope your e mail is going well
Old Sep 1st 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manitobian, I have had an e mail response saying that Sarah is out of the office from Sept 1-5 and returns on the 6th. Do you think I should do anything else or just wait until the 6th, should i contact anyone else? It leaves very little time but I am happy to book everything on the 6th if she accepts my application and the exploratory visit is agreed. What do you think is the best thing to do? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

hey violet,
take the email saying that Sarah is out of the office and forward it to Markus, asking him if he can help in the way of letting you know that you are ok'd for the exploratory visit, so that you can book the flight, explaining your annual holiday. You can then offer to check with Sarah on the exact date/time for the interview once she is back from vacation.
Vacation time of officers during summer is probably creating somewhat a backlog. If I remember right, Markus is a step above Sarah, and most likely can ok the visit in principle (there are different officers as well, it wouldn't have to be Sarah). You might want to make sure to send a copy of the letter you got from Markus originally...just to remember him, that he had already contact with you.
I seem to remember that Markus is not necessarly that fast with email answering ...so your second chance is always to wait for Sarah's return (mind you, she probably will have probably a long list of emails waiting for her at that moment).

let's see if that taktic works?

Ilse
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Manitobian, THank you again, I will try with Markus today, hopefully it wont cause too much confusion. Maybe I should copy Sarah in to the e mail also, Its difficult asking because everything on the websites here say that you should not contact them. I will give it a go and see what happens. Hopefully it will work.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Manitobian, I have now contacted Markus as well and copied in Sarah. I hope its not too frustrating for them to get e mails from crazy people like me wanting to come over there . Fingers crossed again and holding my breath...hope i dont turn blue!!! I really hope it works out good and that the visit is granted. Thank you again
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I GOT MY EXPLORATORY VISIT!!! YEAH!! ITS IN SEPTEMBER SOOO HAPPY.
Thank you so very much for your advice and help Manitobian, I am soooo very happy and thrilled to bits!!
I hope Manitoba is ready for me driving on the Right...gosh I hope i dont end up in a lake or something. I guess i have to contact work places now...and book flights for my daughter and myself. Ohh Im very scared too HELP
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

i am very happy for you! great job and good luck! i am sending my email just now, my husband and i has just spent 3 hours writing it. i hope we will get happy news like you.

keep us posted on how your interview goes.

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much NostalgiaLava, Im so excited. I know what you mean about your letter, it took me a couple of days to sort my resume and letter, I kept changing it! Im very happy that you have yours done now and sent it . Good luck and I really hope that you get your exploratory visit soon. My fingers are crossed for you. I will let you know how it all goes, Im very nervous now of course and am fully expecting to arrive in a city and not have a clue how to get out of the car park haha . I will contact some work places next week and will book flights and hotel over the next couple of days . Thank you again
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

great it worked!

lol I have been told for everyone coming from the UK, Winnipeg is rather a small city...so don't worry (apart from the right side driving) .

Wishing you an exciting time in MB!

(we do offer horseback riding into the National Park if you need a different sort of adventures, but I am sure for this time around you are busy with other things)
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

What about people not from uk? I did not know nationality plays a role and it is not in the criteria!
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

NostalgiaLava: I think Manatobian just means that the city of Winnipeg will be easier than i think to get around because people have said that its small compared with some UK cities as I was rather anxious that I would not find my way around and also I have not driven on the Right side of the road before as here its on the Left I might just take a driving lesson the first day im there
Manitobian, horse riding will be on the agenda for sure, my daugher loves it and i went to Canada on a ranching holiday a couple of years ago...it was so much fun . We have to have at least one or two days out to look at everything and do some fun things...besides shopping .
We plan to go to see the beach area and visit towns (and houses) outside of Winnipeg and try to find somewhere big enough to do things and have stuff going on yet small enough to get to know people. Any other suggestions on what to do are very welcome.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Oh now I get it. Haha I am so anxious about the whole application process I got that totally wrong! Well if you feel driving would be hard, why don't you consider public transport? It would be a good piping to mention in your interview that you already know how to use pub IOC transport! I read somewhere that collecting brochures and business people from any service you approach would be a good proof that you have explored living in Manitoba! Of course I would not know but just suggesting
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

@Nostalgia: sorry, if I confused you ..glad Violet cleared it up for me.

and yes, collecting business cards and even better, if you get a "maybe" employer to write you a letter saying, that he/she believes with your jobskills you are easily employable and once you have you nomination to come back to them and see for opportunities at that moment. Rarely will you get a joboffer itself, as it still will take a minimum of 4 months (better calculate 6) before you could be nominated. If you are that good that the employer is ready to wait for you 6 months...the better!

Important is..and think it has been said before, to gather ALL needed documentation of job education, experience/references, proof of funds and so on AND fill out the forms needed beforehand. If you have it all together and ready, and if the job interview is positive, you can hand it all in right there and then and the process starts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.