LMO processing times 2013

Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Canada2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO processing times 2013

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I'm into the 14th week now
Hi mikeypm,
you are not alone.My husband is in the 22th week now.
We apply it for Alberta.
We don't know what is going on.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

got a job offer around the middle of June, accepted it in July and my new employer applied for my LMO the middle of July. Took 4 weeks to get my positive LMO! flights booked and I fly from the UK to Vancouver Septmeber 16th!

Once I arrive in Vnacouver I'm to head to Immigration and pay around 150 bucks to get my TWP. Does anyone know what documentation I will have to show? (other than my LMO and job offer) Is it essential to have a police check and medical records?

Cheers
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Once I arrive in Vnacouver I'm to head to Immigration and pay around 150 bucks to get my TWP. Does anyone know what documentation I will have to show? (other than my LMO and job offer) Is it essential to have a police check and medical records?
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_%3...o_apply-Canada

HTH.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ye that helps! thanks! starting to **** it a little bit now, it's all getting so real!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 27th 2013 at 8:32 am. Reason: Pls re-read site rules re: swearing, this is a family friendly forum! Thx.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:34 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada2013
Hi mikeypm,
you are not alone.My husband is in the 22th week now.
We apply it for Alberta.
We don't know what is going on.
Hi Canada2013, I am begining to wonder if I will get to Canada this year
If memory serves me its my 21st week now and mine is going through BC.

Good luck, last time my employer checked they were advised no flags or issues with my application and it just needed processing. it would seem some people are quicker at processing their case load than others judging by this thread. I can only assume your husbands is in the slow pile like mine
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:35 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

got a job offer around the middle of June, accepted it in July and my new employer applied for my LMO the middle of July. Took 4 weeks to get my positive LMO! flights booked and I fly from the UK to Vancouver Septmeber 16th!

Cheers
Does your employer have an open LMO and your name was added or was yours an individual LMO?

Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Does your employer have an open LMO and your name was added or was yours an individual LMO?

Thanks
I've got the LMO infront of me, it says, based on an assessment of the labour market, service canada has issued a positive LMO and confirmed your offer of employment to the foreign worker identified in our records....

My employer has taken care of pretty much everything for me. I just signed and accepted the job offer. It seems that I've managed to get to this stage pretty easy compared to some, judging by the duration people in this thread have had to wait. I don't know if being a mechanical engineer has helped me with this or not.

Hope you manage to get things sorted out soon. patience is not a virtue in times like this!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:23 am

I've got the LMO infront of me, it says, based on an assessment of the labour market, service canada has issued a positive LMO and confirmed your offer of employment to the foreign worker identified in our records....

My employer has taken care of pretty much everything for me. I just signed and accepted the job offer. It seems that I've managed to get to this stage pretty easy compared to some, judging by the duration people in this thread have had to wait. I don't know if being a mechanical engineer has helped me with this or not.

Hope you manage to get things sorted out soon. patience is not a virtue in times like this!
Patience was hit on the arse by the door on its way out some months ago
Old Aug 27th 2013, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Patience was hit on the arse by the door on its way out some months ago
I don't blame you!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 10:56 am

I don't blame you!

I have been doing a lot more drinking recentley