LMO processing times 2013

Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

murphn24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO processing times 2013

Ok good. NOC0111 I think. Not 100%. Not actually 100% it was Canadian to be honest. They didn't disclose the details to me other than they had another person in mind who wanted a different project. They had to look internationally also and were searching for 1.5 months. Efforts were made to headhunt within the industry also for people holding similar roles which is how I came to interview for the position.. Fingers crossed for sure! Cheers

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, that's a good thing - if it's on the low side it's far more likely to be refused. It needs to be average or above using the government figures. What's the NOC code?

If a Canadian was found that could do the job (even if they said no to the offer) then that may not be great news. Have they readvertised since then to see if they can find another Canadian?

Fingers crossed for you, hope you're one of the ones that gets a positive LMO quickly - it does happen!
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by murphn24
NOC0111 I think. Not 100%.
OK, so if it is 0111 (Financial Manager/Controller, does that sound right?) then HRSDC will want to see a salary between $36.06 and $62.50 per hour for the Toronto area.

So what's that, between $75k and $130k a year. Ish. If your salary is at least the lower figure, then the LMO won't have any issues from the financial side of things at least.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Yeah exactly. Sounds good! The financial side of things should be fine. It's for downtown Toronto alright.

Thanks!

OK, so if it is 0111 (Financial Manager/Controller, does that sound right?) then HRSDC will want to see a salary between $36.06 and $62.50 per hour.

So what's that, between $75k and $130k a year. Ish. If your salary is at least the lower figure, then the LMO won't have any issues from the financial side of things at least.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Good news on processing times for non-accelerated LMO applications. I posted my application on February 12th and my future employer received a positive LMO today in the mail!!1 month ain't too shabby. Service Canada is doing some good/efficient work right now!

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:03 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by murphn24
Hi all,

Good news on processing times for non-accelerated LMO applications. I posted my application on February 12th and my future employer received a positive LMO today in the mail!!1 month ain't too shabby. Service Canada is doing some good/efficient work right now!

Thanks
That's great news, when do you plan on flying over? Me and my family arrived on Saturday as tourists while we wait for our LMO, the immigration lady gave us a 6 month pass. If the LMO is refused then we have had an amazing holiday and only cost us flight's as we are living with family
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sms1984
That's great news, when do you plan on flying over? Me and my family arrived on Saturday as tourists while we wait for our LMO, the immigration lady gave us a 6 month pass. If the LMO is refused then we have had an amazing holiday and only cost us flight's as we are living with family
Hey! Sounds like a good plan for you! I hope it comes through soon for you also. I've been here for a couple of years and am currently on a LMO with my employer. I needed a new one to switch companies. It's a great country so I'm glad to be able to stay longer!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:26 am
Just Joined

leoprill08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone have an idea how long it will taking Service Canada to process an LMO application in Saskatchewan? Any information from people who have just gone through the process would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

eamond1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all.
I am currently looking into moving to Canada, hopefully to set up a new life there for a period of time, however am I right in saying that i need a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) in order to help me get a work permit, but to get an LMO i need to get a job in advance. Surely if it takes 12 or more weeks to get the LMO alone not to mention the Work Permit it will be very hard to tell this to a potential employer.
I may have picked this whole process up wrong (i hope i have) but id appreciate anyones experienced advice on the matter.
Eamon
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eamond1997
Hello all.
I am currently looking into moving to Canada, hopefully to set up a new life there for a period of time, however am I right in saying that i need a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) in order to help me get a work permit, but to get an LMO i need to get a job in advance. Surely if it takes 12 or more weeks to get the LMO alone not to mention the Work Permit it will be very hard to tell this to a potential employer.
I may have picked this whole process up wrong (i hope i have) but id appreciate anyones experienced advice on the matter.
Eamon
Hi, and welcome to BE.

You've understood the process required for most TWP's exactly right. Unless you are exempt from the need for a LMO (intra-company transfers, certain occupations in Alberta etc), then you will need one.

You find a job offer, then the employer has to apply for the LMO (it's not something you can do), for this they have to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job.

That's why people get employers prepared to go through the paperwork/wait/hassle of the LMO and hiring a foreigner, because they've been looking but unable to find anybody to do the job - that's the requirement of the LMO.

So if you have skills in demand then obviously it's a heck of a lot easier! What do you do?

Have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki which will hopefully help, and do look at other visa options as well, you may not need a job offer.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi, and welcome to BE.

You've understood the process required for most TWP's exactly right. Unless you are exempt from the need for a LMO (intra-company transfers, certain occupations in Alberta etc), then you will need one.

You find a job offer, then the employer has to apply for the LMO (it's not something you can do), for this they have to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job.

That's why people get employers prepared to go through the paperwork/wait/hassle of the LMO and hiring a foreigner, because they've been looking but unable to find anybody to do the job - that's the requirement of the LMO.

So if you have skills in demand then obviously it's a heck of a lot easier! What do you do?

Have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki which will hopefully help, and do look at other visa options as well, you may not need a job offer.

Best of luck.

Thanks for your prompt reply.At least now I know what plan of action to take
I have been working as a Buyer/Purchaser for the last 10 years. I tried forwarding my CV (resume) to a few recruitment companies but the 1st one directed me back to the CIC web site and the other hasn't replied yet.
You mention the "job section in the Wiki" excuse my ignorance but what is this??? also do you know of any better ways to get in touch with potential employers rather than recruitment companies??
Thanks for your advice
Eamon D
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for your prompt reply.At least now I know what plan of action to take
I have been working as a Buyer/Purchaser for the last 10 years. I tried forwarding my CV (resume) to a few recruitment companies but the 1st one directed me back to the CIC web site and the other hasn't replied yet.
You mention the "job section in the Wiki" excuse my ignorance but what is this??? also do you know of any better ways to get in touch with potential employers rather than recruitment companies??
Thanks for your advice
Eamon D
Forget forwarding your resume, that's just not the way things are done in Canada (as the Wiki will tell you).

Follow the link in my signature to get you to the Wiki, or you could read the 'Newcomers to the Forum, read me BEFORE posting thread' on the main page which would also take you there.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Forget forwarding your resume, that's just not the way things are done in Canada (as the Wiki will tell you).

Follow the link in my signature to get you to the Wiki, or you could read the 'Newcomers to the Forum, read me BEFORE posting thread' on the main page which would also take you there.

Got ya some bed time reading i think
cheers
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Got ya some bed time reading i think
cheers
Just a bit, I think there's enough in the Wiki to keep you reading for a week or two! Hope it helps.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point

My company submitted LMO around two weeks ago under the code 1114. Fingers crossed that it will come back positive. I would really like to stay here beyond my IEC visa. It expires end of July 2013.

Although, I have called the CIC on numerous occasions (twice in 2013 alone) and they have told me that you can remain here on 'implied status' so far you have submitted your TWP application 30 days before its expiry.

I am being cautious and assuming that this information is not correct- and hoping that my LMO comes up positive.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Although, I have called the CIC on numerous occasions (twice in 2013 alone) and they have told me that you can remain here on 'implied status' so far you have submitted your TWP application 30 days before its expiry.
Which is true, if in fact you are submitting an application 30 days before a TWP expires - but you're not on a TWP, you're on an IEC. Hence why the pros on the forum say that implied status doesn't apply for those in IEC's, as it's not extendable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.