IXP Visas

Old Jul 20th 2014, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

bexp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IXP Visas

I applied for the temporary worker programme at IXP visas for getting a job in Canada . At the time of joining, they had convinced me that they had network of 'LMO agencies' employers in Canada through which they would get me job interview calls and help me in getting settled there.

I am in the IT industry with a good number of years of experience and I believe there should be plenty of IT jobs in Canada.

But even after 7 months since I applied, I have not got even a single interview call through IXP visas. It seems I have wasted my hard earned money on them..

Can anyone please suggest if anything can be done now?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 4:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IXP Visas

Welcome to BE.

Sorry to hear you appear to have been misinformed by IXP visas. I hope they didn't charge you anything to help find you a job in Canada as that is illegal.

I would suggest applying under the FSW if your profession is on 'the list' - THE LIST-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Have a good read of the Wiki articles on Immigration to Canada and see if there are other streams you may be able to apply to.

Old Jul 20th 2014, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

dhillon884 is an unknown quantity at this point

bexp -

When I first googled moving to canada they were the first thing that came up, so I gave them a ring. They were a bit salesy but he spent a lot of time on the phone with me. He told me the same thing about finding a job - sometimes even without an interview or a skype call at most... I didn't really buy it.

I am also in IT (non-techy), more into Strat and Project management. I've looked on local sites and with the usual firms such as Accenture IBM Deloitte etc. I think it will proove impossible to apply this way (a) not being in Canada and (b) not valid to work there currently.

My job semi- appears on the list. I am looking at that Information Systems Consultant and thinking - welll I sort of fit in there and I did do my PhD in that field (albeit I did not complete). Maybe yours does too?

As I said, I called them too, I didn't really buy it. He gave me a price of £1500 if I get my own job and £3000 if I want them to get me one. Made it sound soo easy I thought theres a catch.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 5:02 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bexp
I applied for the temporary worker programme at IXP visas for getting a job in Canada . At the time of joining, they had convinced me that they had network of 'LMO agencies' employers in Canada through which they would get me job interview calls and help me in getting settled there.

I am in the IT industry with a good number of years of experience and I believe there should be plenty of IT jobs in Canada.

But even after 7 months since I applied, I have not got even a single interview call through IXP visas. It seems I have wasted my hard earned money on them..

Can anyone please suggest if anything can be done now?

Thanks.
Oh dear. Can anything be done? Hang around here on BE, ask focussed and well thought out questions, preferably grammatically, and thus benefit from the collective experiences and wisdom of our little global village.

As to IXP visas, kiss your money goodbye.

Oh, and welcome.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies.

My specific queries are:
  1. Has anyone benefited from IXP visas through their 'work and live' programme for Canada?

Thanks.
    Old Jul 20th 2014, 6:14 pm
    Just Joined

dhillon884 is an unknown quantity at this point

bexp,

During my telephone consultation they told me they have a money back garauntee and dont take on your application unless they know it will be successful. Did you also get information on this money back garauntee?
    Old Jul 20th 2014, 6:31 pm
    Just Joined

dhillon884,

They did mention about money back guarantee in one of the conversations earlier but later they said it doesn't exist anymore.

The money back guarantee was a kind of assurance that the candidate would get a job offer in a specific period of time or at least a specific number of interview calls.

They told me that they were taking up my application as my profile was good enough to be successful.
    Old Jul 20th 2014, 6:38 pm
    SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bexp
    Thanks for your replies.

My specific queries are:
    1. Has anyone benefited from IXP visas through their 'work and live' programme for Canada?

Thanks.
      What exactly have they charged you for? As said above, it's illegal to charge you anything for helping you to find work in Canada.

And no, I don't believe anybody has benefitted from anything IXP visas have done, I've never read anything positive about them on the forum, but you can search it and read any reviews.

Good luck.
      Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:10 am
      SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dhillon884
      He gave me a price of £1500 if I get my own job and £3000 if I want them to get me one.
      I've only just seen this, but this is hilarious. So £1500 for filling in a 2 page form for you?!?!?

And it's not even a form that you *have* to fill in, you can just as easily arrive in Canada and get your TWP with no form filling required whatsoever.

Good grief................
      Old Jul 21st 2014, 10:53 pm
      BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
      Oh dear. Can anything be done? Hang around here on BE, ask focussed and well thought out questions, preferably grammatically, and thus benefit from the collective experiences and wisdom of our little global village.

As to IXP visas, kiss your money goodbye.

Oh, and welcome.

Shouldn't that be focused? (One s)
      Grammatically correct maybe? (instead of grammatically,)
      Comma before and? (comma not required)

Tut tut Novo, slipping up in your old age perhaps?

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 7:12 am
      SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Eddmac

Shouldn't that be focused? (One s)
      Grammatically correct maybe? (instead of grammatically,)
      Comma before and? (comma not required)

Tut tut Novo, slipping up in your old age perhaps?

No to all of the above. Focussed can be spelt either with two s's or just the one (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/focussed), grammatically on its own is perfectly acceptable (it's an adverb), and the comma was in the right place.

Trust me, you don't ever want to pick Novo up on his grammar or spelling, as he'll always be correct. Particularly as you're not a native English speaker if I'm correct? So just read his posts and learn!
      Old Jul 22nd 2014, 7:41 am
      Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
      No to all of the above. Focussed can be spelt either with two s's or just the one (focussed - Wiktionary), grammatically on its own is perfectly acceptable (it's an adverb), and the comma was in the right place.

Trust me, you don't ever want to pick Novo up on his grammar or spelling, as he'll always be correct. Particularly as you're not a native English speaker if I'm correct? So just read his posts and learn!
      Well thank you, but if it weren't for the wavy red line you wouldn't be saying that.
      Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:57 am
      SUPER MODERATOR

Well thank you, but if it weren't for the wavy red line you wouldn't be saying that.
      ??? At the risk of sounding stupid (no change there then), what wavy red line?!?
      Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:10 am
      Born again atheist

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
      ??? At the risk of sounding stupid (no change there then), what wavy red line?!?
      OK, it's not wavy. It's dotted. The one which appears under misspelt words if you don't accept the auto spell checker.
      Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:20 am
      SUPER MODERATOR

OK, it's not wavy. It's dotted. The one which appears under misspelt words if you don't accept the auto spell checker.
      Ah, I see. I don't have that on mine (don't say it, I know, you can tell.......!!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.