International Experience Canada

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:56 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by justin_h
it was send to london 7th february! i know some people on this date have received theirs now. i know it'll probs come through in the next few days *touch wood* but im panicking
Ah, not to worry then.

I think the bulk of the issued ones seem to be around the 3rd of February. I wouldn't worry if it isn't here until early next week - embassy staff have a lot of coffee breaks to fit in you know!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

looking to book my flight now, looking for end of April, best I can find is £400 on sta travel. Manchester to Vancouver. are there any good sites that anyone can recommend?

This is my first working visa, im travelling alone and hoping to find work when i get there, whats it like making friends once out there? I think thats my main worry!

so many more questions but im just going to take it easy . . . breath . . .
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craig1987
I'll just settle for anything to begin with... I'd rather my pride took a bit of a dent than my savings...

I'm thinking of going in about a week... Cheapest option (to vancouver) seems to be to fly to Toronto from Glasgow then get a greyhound bus... Going to look into it today. Might even try and spend a night or two in Toronto incase I don't like Vancouver... I highly doubt it, but I might as well see a bit of it while I'm there. If I don't settle in Vancouver, I can always hop on a bus...?
good luck dude- let us know how you get on- thats exactly how am doing it- fly to montreal (cheapest option) see what its like if i want to stay then slowly make my way across to west coast!) plus i want to nip to new york from montreal (can get a night bus apparently!)

other than that my main plan is to skip all this application malark- find a canadian girlfriend get married and get sponsorship visa- avoid all this hassle in future- happy days lol

Originally Posted by badniks
Hi guys,

Been lurking for a short while, this thread has been really useful for me in the last few weeks!

I joined because I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure other people might be able to help me out with:

a) I received my acknowledgement of receipt e-mail from Paris on Monday afternoon (28th Feb) - since I see a lot of people have had their provisional acceptance through the same day as this e-mail, should I have cause for concern that this hasn't happened with me? Do you get an e-mail to inform you that your application is being returned for whatever reason?

b) I filled out the form properly except for one tiny detail that I noticed about an hour after I'd sent it - on the declaration form, I'd ticked a box about dependents, though I noticed later it instructs you to put N/A if you have none, which I don't. Has anyone here been rejected for something like this?

I think I might be being paranoid to be honest (it's probably just sat on an office temp's desk, I've done that kind of job before!) but you know how it is with these things! I feel like I'm picking at questions after the exam's finished.
lool in exactly the same boat m8- im waiting to see what happens- im hoping they spot it quick otherwise- no news is good news! at least if it thats the only thing thats wrong then i can quickly fill in and re-apply asap otherwsie pretty much did everything properly- anyways im hoping they realise this is a small error and dont worry about it!neways their fault- don't put mandatory to tick all boxes you crazy mofo's! lol

also do not worry bout emails they will come- check trash etc but they do come- its just different processing times for various ppl- guessing they work through a backlog or whatever on their system!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:12 pm
Travelbug

poubelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mansfield250
looking to book my flight now, looking for end of April, best I can find is £400 on sta travel. Manchester to Vancouver. are there any good sites that anyone can recommend?

This is my first working visa, im travelling alone and hoping to find work when i get there, whats it like making friends once out there? I think thats my main worry!

so many more questions but im just going to take it easy . . . breath . . .
i'm in totally the same position re: being alone! I hope I fall in love with a handsome fella and it goes well from there haha. And make some friends, obv!!

I've been looking at Manch to Toronto with Air Transat. They work with Thomas Cook and the flights arn't THAT big...I mean, i'd prefer a big Virgin monster because I HATE flying. Single flights were £229, give or take a tenner or though...pretty cheap. I think STA Travel found the same ones when I did a search.

Use a search engine like SkyScanner and see if that helps?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poubelle
i'm in totally the same position re: being alone! I hope I fall in love with a handsome fella and it goes well from there haha. And make some friends, obv!!
lol pubelle i already did this- well with a girl for me! that i met a few months ago in thailand! & thats y my travels have taken me to canada lol - & trust me- travel romances r crazy- just be prepared for a crazy rollercoast of a ride is all im saying! as the girl decided to go travelling elsewhere now! lol <sigh> the crazy things love makes us do!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

mjay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elrecon
The application needs to be sent to France, not the UK.. This year they are accepting applications only at this address:

International Experience Canada (UK-WHP 2011)
Embassy of Canada in France
35, avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris
France

You need to mail it there, or you won't hear anything, and it won't be processed.. Quite sure I read on the actual website not to send it to the UK.
Hello, I sent my application to the Canadian Embassy in France Last Saturday, I have not heard anything up until now, whether they have received or not. This is what I wrote on the Envelope:

Ambassade du Canada
35, avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris
FRANCE

What are you views, do you think it will cause any implications?

Also does anyone have an email address for the IEC team/programme, that I could get in touch with please?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking at Manch to Toronto with Air Transat. They work with Thomas Cook and the flights arn't THAT big...I mean, i'd prefer a big Virgin monster because I HATE flying. Single flights were £229, give or take a tenner or though...pretty cheap. I think STA Travel found the same ones when I did a search.

haha poubelle, I actually did this while on student exchange in canada. 2 years later we're getting married and im moving there. It's not an easy ride i warn you haha, and the paperwork for permanent residence is a killer!

In terms of making friends, I found canadians soo much more friendly than us british folk lol. Sometimes people will just say hi to you walking down the street and you ALWAYS get the 'have a nice day' when leaving shops, people seem more willing to help you and give you their time too! so I don't think anyone will have any trouble making friends
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point

i booked my flights for next wednesday. no visa yet but hopefully it will come by next week. only got a two month gap between the two flights so the immagation people should be find with me on a visitor visa. going to flag pole when i get it.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the tips, some of the flights are so expensive! that air transat does seem to be a good option tho! some very affordable flights on there, thanks for the tip looks like you have saved me a few £'s!!

Hope you find your handsome fella!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I posted a thread on the BUNAC Work Canada page for all of us loners... hopefully we can get a few of us going around the same sort of time, makes the first week or two less scary anyway even if we don't all stick together
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:06 pm
Travelbug

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
I posted a thread on the BUNAC Work Canada page for all of us loners... hopefully we can get a few of us going around the same sort of time, makes the first week or two less scary anyway even if we don't all stick together
What a great idea! I've been trying to scout out some place where there's a bunch of us to be honest. I was literally just checking out the CouchSurfing website in the hope of "getting to know" some folks before I go (I know I don't go until May...eager beaver!)

I'll head over to that thread!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:09 pm
Travelbug

'Kay. Stupid Q but where's the bunac thread? On their website? (how am I going to manage Canada if I can't manage the internet?)
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

'Kay. Stupid Q but where's the bunac thread? On their website? (how am I going to manage Canada if I can't manage the internet?)
Sorry... the BUNAC Work Canada facebook page, I'm super tired. http://www.facebook.com/bunaccanada also check out http://www.travbuddy.com you can find people from all over the world travelling to the location you want to go to
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:17 pm
Travelbug

Sorry... the BUNAC Work Canada facebook page, I'm super tired. http://www.facebook.com/bunaccanada also check out http://www.travbuddy.com you can find people from all over the world travelling to the location you want to go to
Gorrit. I'll check out that website too. Cheers!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:12 am
Travelbug

aaaah, my PC came today so I can send off my visa! So, this shit just got real!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.