International Experience Canada

Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Alec D
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of passport error? Naturally, no one wants to make mistakes this year as second chances are likely to be, well, slim given the rate of uptake.
Don't worry you won't have to worry about this error.

I decided to apply for the IEC late in the game when there was about 400 or so places left but I applied with an Irish passport (Born and live in england but parents are Irish so I can have both British and Irish passport).

However as I am British I stupidly didn't think it would matter and I got rejected for using an Irish passport, by the time I got rejected there was hardly any places left and there was no time for me to get a UK passport quickly so I missed out and have been waiting ever since. Wasn't so bad though as I have had a year to save my trip!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Kraven
Don't worry you won't have to worry about this error.

I decided to apply for the IEC late in the game when there was about 400 or so places left but I applied with an Irish passport (Born and live in england but parents are Irish so I can have both British and Irish passport).

However as I am British I stupidly didn't think it would matter and I got rejected for using an Irish passport, by the time I got rejected there was hardly any places left and there was no time for me to get a UK passport quickly so I missed out and have been waiting ever since. Wasn't so bad though as I have had a year to save my trip!
Ah cool. Best of luck this year then - I've been waiting a long time too as I only found out about last year's IEC after it'd closed.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

I got rejected last year due to a passport error and missed my chance so i've been waiting anxiously over a year for this, it is very frustrating. I want to get over there now!

A quick question, when they request proof of payment what is everyone going to do? Are you going to pay online through your bank or go to the actual bank itself?
Passport error? What was wrong?

*EDIT* just saw you responded to that.

Just tell me had nothing to do with expiry :P
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
The fact that he had the wrong type of passport to apply on.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The fact that he had the wrong type of passport to apply on.
Yeah I see that now, me being stupid and not reading the entire thing - sorry!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus

*EDIT* just saw you responded to that.

Just tell me had nothing to do with expiry :P
IECs will not be issued if your passport expires before they make a decision.
They will issue a LOI if your passport is still valid at the time of accceptance.
If passport is due to expire before travelling and accepted you will need to apply for a new one before arriving in Canada.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
IECs will not be issued if your passport expires before they make a decision.
They will issue a LOI if your passport is still valid at the time of accceptance.
If passport is due to expire before travelling and accepted you will need to apply for a new one before arriving in Canada.
I thought that was the case, mine runs out in Sept 2014 and I plan on spending 2 years out there (either on 2x1 year IEC's or if we're lucky 1x2 year IEC) my timeline would be roughly:

Apply on current passport
Get LOI (Hopefully!)
Apply for new passport after coming back from Canada (as a tourist) in April
Land in late May/June and activate work permit on new passport.

From my research, that should be okay
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Sorry guys for making you panic :P, wasnt so much a passport error more of a human error. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal as I proved I was born in the UK!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry guys for making you panic :P, wasnt so much a passport error more of a human error. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal as I proved I was born in the UK!
Everyone is just a bit on edge here, including myself

I see "potential problem" and panic aha
Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

There is a sense of hysteria here, everyone is getting worked off each other, and its a snowball effect. Everyone is getting panicky, which is inducing others to panic.

Even if all the places go quick like Ireland, they will still become available again like every other year before the online process. If I'm wrong then that sucks for me.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
There is a sense of hysteria here, everyone is getting worked off each other, and its a snowball effect. Everyone is getting panicky, which is inducing others to panic.

Even if all the places go quick like Ireland, they will still become available again like every other year before the online process. If I'm wrong then that sucks for me.
I'm going with the theory that me panicking is not going to make the applications open any quicker, nor is it going to guarantee me a visa - so therefore I should not panic

...at least, that's the theory *refreshes page again* OPENOPENOPEN!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

snojbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, new here!

Been reading for months on here - it's been a long wait for all of us it seems.

I think I am about as ready as I can be for my application and the process. I have most of the documentation ready to send.

I don't seem to be able to access the CIC account I created now though, anybody else having this problem? I was only using it to get a heads up on the specifications of all the documents and scans. I hadn't uploaded anything just yet.

Good luck to everyone who's applying this year
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

what's the point of creating a myCIC account when nobody even knows what paperwork is required? they might be asking for your first born child, who knows
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

BorkUKbutIrishBlood is an unknown quantity at this point

New dude here,

Has anyone from Ireland got accepted for Stage 1 yet? I'm fairly anxious about this whole thing now. Also, would the fact that I've done an AIESEC internship in Canada thru IEC limit my chances of getting accepted to the working holiday programme? Thanks for any info.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, sorry if this is covered elsewhere - I did try searching this thread and CIC website but ended up going round in circles.

A friend of mine is thinking of applying for the IEC visa when the applications open (from UK) - do the applications open around the same time as when BUNAC used to do it? i.e. November/December the year before.

It seems to be a slightly different process to when we moved out here through BUNAC.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.