International Experience Canada

Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:33 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by browncow
So with BUNAC I can pay them money to reserve me a place on the programme, but I don't have to apply straight away? I can wait till I get back from India in a couple of months time.. Is that right?
Correct, subject the CIC's deadline being confirmed by Bunac but I think a couple of months should be OK and you can be 31 when you enter the country, you just have to be aged 30 or under when you apply.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

browncow will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Correct, subject the CIC's deadline being confirmed by Bunac but I think a couple of months should be OK and you can be 31 when you enter the country, you just have to be aged 30 or under when you apply.
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated..

Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:35 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

No worries, good luck.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:38 am
Just Joined

emma_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Im also wanting to apply for a IEC Canadian work visa today and like a few other, don't really see the point in applying through BUNAC and paying £250 pounds unnecessarily!

I was hoping that the page I have had my eye on would now provide a link to download the application form, however I am having trouble finding it!

I have looked more on the website and found a few other applications for temporary work permits but they seem much more complicated and seem different to the example application with VOID written on it which i had looked at and read over previously.

Does anyone know how to access the link for the IEC application form?

Does anyone think it is work just paying BUNAC for the peace of mind and assistance or should I persevere with direct application to the Government of Canada!??

Thanks
Emma
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

It looks like it hasn't opened yet- which is so annoying as I took the day off work to fill out these damn forms! If anyone knows any different though that would be great, but it seems that the IEC contradicts itself on the website about when the scheme goes live.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:45 am
Sidecar Falcon

It says it is scheduled to open on 18th but those schedules can often be subject to change.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

emma_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea that what I was thinking, might just keep checking the website for signs of change! I took that day off to sort it out as well...

Will let you know if I find anything!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

I went and paid BUNAC, all be it begrudgingly..

Starting to stress me out, 5000 is not a great deal of visa's and at least now I've been reserved one, sort of. Gives me some more time to sort it out once I get back from India as well..

Good luck to you all.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:53 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by browncow
I went and paid BUNAC, all be it begrudgingly..

Starting to stress me out, 5000 is not a great deal of visa's and at least now I've been reserved one, sort of. Gives me some more time to sort it out once I get back from India as well..

Good luck to you all.
Actually your visa will come from outside the 5000. The total number agreed between the UK and Canada is 5,500 per year with 500 allocated to Bunac.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Actually your visa will come from outside the 5000. The total number agreed between the UK and Canada is 5,500 per year with 500 allocated to Bunac.
Wow, I figured Bunac would have a few more than that.. 5,500 is still not many to fight over..
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

So there is no reservation under IEC, but there is under BUNAC, how do we know this?

And DigitalGhost, do you work at the embassy or something, you are a very useful centre of Knowledge.

Also on it opening, I thought it may be a canadian run site, and its only just got 9am here. But who knows
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

CityWalk is an unknown quantity at this point

This is probably the most depressing news I think I have heard all year! I just found this site.

I was waiting for the Work Canada to open Today to apply.

However I had no idea I would need a Police Check and Funding already in place!!

I dont want to pay Bunac £254 for what now seems the equivalent of a restaurant reservation. I dont want or need the "support services" they offer. I have many Canadian friends to help me out with Questions.

So here I am with nothing done whatsoever! What should I do? I dont want to spend £35 or more than likely £70 to have a police check done and for the Visa's to be sold out by the time I get my application in order.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CityWalk
This is probably the most depressing news I think I have heard all year! I just found this site.

However I had no idea I would need a Police Check and Funding already in place!!

I dont want to pay Bunac £254 for what now seems the equivalent of a restaurant reservation. I dont want or need the "support services" they offer. I have many Canadian friends to help me out with Questions.

So here I am with nothing done whatsoever! What should I do? I dont want to spend £35 or more than likely £70 to have a police check done and for the Visa's to be sold out by the time I get my application in order.
they might not be sold out within the next 2 weeks since many people wont have the funds or police checks in place.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CityWalk

I'm in the same boat but i'm not even sure i can apply to the iec (im on a work permit from bunac currently and not sure if i can apply). The way i look at it is that it will cheaper to get a fast police check done compared to going with bunac. It's a risk but if you hurry there's still time i think..
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

CityWalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anything else I need to have in place for this new Visa?

Police Check
$3000 and proof

How long did it take last year for the Visa's to "sell out"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.