Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Going for PR Application before Nurse Registration

Going for PR Application before Nurse Registration

Old May 10th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going for PR Application before Nurse Registration

Evening All,

With the FSW Occupation categories soon to be reset, I was wondering if it is worth me applying. As I have previously mentioned, I am a Registered Nurse with several years experience. I am married with 2 kids. I am in my 30's and have about 27 months left in the British Army. I still need to gain registration with CRNBC (looking at BC). My question here is:
Can I apply for PR under FSW and let that application run concurrently with CRNBC application process( which, lets face it is going to take long enough). Or do I have to be fully registered with CRNBC or at least provisionally, before I can even submit PR application. If there is anyone on here who has been in this position or knows of anyone similar I would be very grateful to hear from you.
By the way, I'm not going to go through a consultant or lawyer, I'm going to do the paperwork myself.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going for PR Application before Nurse Registration

You don't need to be registered with CRNBC to apply for a visa, that has no impact on your application.

You can apply for your visa first, and then sort your nursing registration out, no problem. Given that last year all the nursing visas had gone within 3 weeks of the quota reopening, you'll need to be ready to apply at the beginning of July.

So, if nurses are still on the list when it changes then definitely get your application in asap.

HTH, good luck.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Get one in now!
I have been hearing that qualifications will have to be assessed before applying under the next MI.
Mrssdo1982 is currently awaiting her sec assessment, we asked for the earliest one back in march, we are waiting to hear if she is booked in for set or oct!
Old May 10th 2012, 8:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Get one in now!
I have been hearing that qualifications will have to be assessed before applying under the next MI.
The OP can't apply now, as the quota is full. So they'll need to wait until after 1st July, by which point the next set of MI's may well be in force.

Old May 10th 2012, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Sorry for the bum advice... CRNBC are good to deal with, the uni kwakwkakwktlian or however they spell it! not so.
Old May 10th 2012, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou everyone for the replies!
Old May 11th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Sorry for the bum advice... CRNBC are good to deal with, the uni kwakwkakwktlian or however they spell it! not so.
hahahah that made me laugh....Uni kwkwkakwkatlian!!!!

I'm dreading the whole process of applying to CRNBC....started the app, but preparing myself to work as HCA for at least a year!!!