Help on which route to take

Old Jul 31st 2014, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

leviticus is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help on which route to take

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking around here for a while and have looked through the Wiki and reading many of the threads, but there is a lot of information to process and I think I've scrambled my brain trying to figure it all out so I have decided to ask you lovely people for your advice.

I am 25, single and no children. I have a degree in Biomedical Science but I work for a global company in Global Quality, expressly dealing with 3rd Party companies, or contract manufacturers, managing regulatory and legislative documentation and change control processes. I have family in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Dad, step-mum, step brothers et al) and would like to move there to be nearer to them and to make a fresh start in a country I love.

My question is which route do you advise I take to get there?

Any help in clarifying the option so my poor brain isn't as muddled or confused would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on which route to take

From what you've said, IEC is going to be your easiest and quickest route by a mile.

You could try and get a job offer, but without lots of experience that could be tricky, and manitoba PNP could also work but personally I'd just go down the IEC route.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Christmasoompa I had figured either IEC or TWP might be the easiest route, but didn't know if there were any other ways which might be easier. Thanks again.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leviticus
Thank you Christmasoompa I had figured either IEC or TWP might be the easiest route, but didn't know if there were any other ways which might be easier. Thanks again.
You won't get anything easier than IEC! It's the quickest and easiest visa to get, by quite some way.

A TWP would be much harder though - as you're young and without extensive experience, convincing an employer to pay $1000, wait months for you to start, and go through all the hassle/paperwork, could be very tricky. So I'd do IEC personally.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again.

For the IEC would I have to wait for the 2015 one to open do you know? I am happy to do that if I need to as it would let me save even more pennies. Would just like to get an idea of timelines.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leviticus
Thanks again.

For the IEC would I have to wait for the 2015 one to open do you know? I am happy to do that if I need to as it would let me save even more pennies. Would just like to get an idea of timelines.
The IEC will probably open Dec 2014/Jan 2015. Keep an eye on the IEC website as places are limited i.e. 5350 places this year.
Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Work Visa For Work Holidays in Canada for Students and Youth | International Experience Canada
Old Jul 31st 2014, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Former Lancastrian, and by the way I love your name as I too am a former Lancastrian, born and lived there until I was 11 then moved to Yorkshire by my Yorkshireman of a father. =]