FSW List Announced Today

Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:23 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW List Announced Today

Bit further a field Rio for Caipirinha's
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Bit further a field Rio for Caipirinha's
Never been. A friend of mine says it's brilliant though. Brazil is one of the 'other options' I'm looking into.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

lydiaparr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Waggle
Computer programmers are on the list and there's total cap of 300.

Hmm, anyone taking bets as to how many seconds after 9am on 4th May it will be before the cap is full?

Ironically I am a computer programmer but when I came to Canada my occupation wasn't deemed in-demand, my wife's pharmacy skills were.

I think if I were applying now I'd book myself a holiday to Nova Scotia for the first week in May and hand the application in person over the desk (standing in a queue of 200+ other developers with the same idea)...... ;p

Wayne.
Is this something in all seriousness you can do.? Is there a desk you can go to officially to have your application accepted.? Is it worth doing.?
Will CIC take handed in applications before the posted ones.?

Just curious as hubby will be applying as a computer programmer. Are we wasting our time even trying to apply by post.?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:25 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Never been. A friend of mine says it's brilliant though. Brazil is one of the 'other options' I'm looking into.
Portuguese is a difficult language though and high crime rate, bit still great to visit
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by lydiaparr
Is this something in all seriousness you can do.? Is there a desk you can go to officially to have your application accepted.? Is it worth doing.?
Will CIC take handed in applications before the posted ones.?

Just curious as hubby will be applying as a computer programmer. Are we wasting our time even trying to apply by post.?
I'm assuming there is a reception and if a courier can drop off your pack I'd assume you could hand deliver it
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Something to consider 4 May is a Saturday so office will be closed and it will also be closed on Monday 6 May as it is a bank holiday and Im guessing there will be nobody there to sign for courier packages. There might be a mail drop off box.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...g=eng#holidays
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Interesting post. And some interesting statistical points.

I feel your frustration but I'm not going to take this personally and I'm not giving up. Why do I want to go to Canada? Because it makes the most sense for me on a personal and professional level. And I'm not prepared to give up the chance to emigrate to somewhere where I do, rightly, or wrongly, see the grass as being greener because of one setback.

The process, and the people in charge of the process, does not make the nation of Canada some sort of scum-bag who wants to limit your chances of having a better life. Everything that appealed to you about Canada before the announcement is still true. It's just the ease of attainment has changed.

Explore other opportunities. I know I will. But don't lose sight of why you wanted to go in the first place. That hasn't changed just because a process was unfavourable on this occasion.
Hey,

My main frustration is with their management and timing of customer (us) information, release, transparancy and expectation management. I think this is something we can all relate to when CIC themselves repeatedly tell us not to trust the information in the online tools. Their MIS systems need serious work. Secondly the minister seems oblivious of the planning, cost and time that has to go into preparing for an application such as IELTS for one - and that these things have to be organized well in advance. He may argue that with holding information helps us but it doesn't when it is drip fed to us as we can not effectively plan or schedule what we want to do.

I have two NOCs in IT that I could apply under on the new list... but what is the point when there is only a total quota of 600 IT engineers / programmers that will be able to make it through the gate before they start returning applications again.

It is not worth my time to prepare a lottery ticket that has to rely on making it through the few minutes in which the quota is filled on day 1 when all the immigration consultants and private citizens deliver prepared applications.

Also, I choose not to pay Campbell Cohen a non returnable advance payment to prepare my application because I discovered the ministers new comments about sneaking a new list in something that previously was not covered. That is a calculated risk that I choose to take and if the minister had release this information at the beginning of April - or six months ago!!! then those of us that were on the list could have chosen to prepare applications - saving everyone else a lot of effort, money and false hope (and wasted fees on lawyers)....

Now what makes my blood boil is that this is the first press release that I have seen the sets any expectation about the existence or level of any quota cap let alone cap in the individual NOCs of 300.

It is this cap of 300 that simply makes it not worth applying - it will be gone in minutes on day 1 as applications are received from the built up head of applications - they will also be completely incapable of coordinating the number of applications that they move to "in process" between visa offices and those that are "approved" resulting in them having to subsequently withdraw a lot of "in process" applications as the left and right hand didn't know what they were doing and the quota got filled up. More problems with expectation management and communication with the applicant!!!

And while we are on the subject of efficiency. Why am I still waiting for them to return my processing fees as they promised over 12 months ago!!!! wtf!

In summary I could apply, I am not going to, simply because the minister has yet again just demonstrated total disregard for the applicants and an understanding of the system that he is administering.

If temp work permit and LMO wasn't such a mess - a lot of us would go down that route. But that system is broken. Can it be fixed - yes very easily - a few changes would greatly improve the attractiveness and responsiveness of the scheme to Canadas labor market needs and their employers needs. But Canada also seems hell bent on maintaining a starting point with TWP that T is most definetly Temporary and we will be kicking you out possibly in a year and definetly three years matey boy - if they want to use TWP as the feeder stock for PNP and CEC as well as providing the majority of the dynamic labour needs then they need to sort the system out and understand that maybe the focus and mindset of TWP needs to move towards the concept of "Transitional" WP. The applicant are not Canada's enemy and are invariably highly skilled and creative individuals that passionately want to help Canada succeed and grow - it is frustrating when the minister seems to treat us with less regard than pieces of paper he shuffles on his desk while dreaming up policy. Communicate, well in advance, transparency, manage expectations - fix TWP - that would cure +90% of peoples recurrent frustrations with CIC.

My two cents anyway

Ben

Last edited by BenB2; Apr 20th 2013 at 4:22 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hey,

My main frustration is with their management and timing of customer (us) information, release, transparancy and expectation management. I think this is something we can all relate to when CIC themselves repeatedly tell us not to trust the information in the online tools. Their MIS systems need serious work. Secondly the minister seems oblivious of the planning, cost and time that has to go into preparing for an application such as IELTS for one - and that these things have to be organized well in advance. He may argue that with holding information helps us but it doesn't when it is drip fed to us as we can not effectively plan or schedule what we want to do.

I have two NOCs in IT that I could apply under on the new list... but what is the point when there is only a total quota of 600 IT engineers / programmers that will be able to make it through the gate before they start returning applications again.

It is not worth my time to prepare a lottery ticket that has to rely on making it through the few minutes in which the quota is filled on day 1 when all the immigration consultants and private citizens deliver prepared applications.

Also, I choose not to pay Campbell Cohen a non returnable advance payment to prepare my application because I discovered the ministers new comments about sneaking a new list in something that previously was not covered. That is a calculated risk that I choose to take and if the minister had release this information at the beginning of April - or six months ago!!! then those of us that were on the list could have chosen to prepare applications - saving everyone else a lot of effort, money and false hope (and wasted fees on lawyers)....

Now what makes my blood boil is that this is the first press release that I have seen the sets any expectation about the existence or level of any quota cap let alone cap in the individual NOCs of 300.

It is this cap of 300 that simply makes it not worth applying - it will be gone in minutes on day 1 as applications are received from the built up head of applications - they will also be completely incapable of coordinating the number of applications that they move to "in process" between visa offices and those that are "approved" resulting in them having to subsequently withdraw a lot of "in process" applications as the left and right hand didn't know what they were doing and the quota got filled up. More problems with expectation management and communication with the applicant!!!

And while we are on the subject of efficiency. Why am I still waiting for them to return my processing fees as they promised over 12 months ago!!!! wtf!

In summary I could apply, I am not going to, simply because the minister has yet again just demonstrated total disregard for the applicants and an understanding of the system that he is administering.

If temp work permit and LMO wasn't such a mess - a lot of us would go down that route. But that system is broken. Can it be fixed - yes very easily - a few changes would greatly improve the attractiveness and responsiveness of the scheme to Canadas labor market needs and their employers needs. But Canada also seems hell bent on maintaining a starting point with TWP that T is most definetly Temporary and we will be kicking you out possibly in a year and definetly three years matey boy - if they want to use TWP as the feeder stock for PNP and CEC as well as providing the majority of the dynamic labour needs then they need to sort the system out and understand that maybe the focus and mindset of TWP needs to move towards the concept of "Transitional" WP. The applicant are not Canada's enemy and are invariably highly skilled and creative individuals that passionately want to help Canada succeed and grow - it is frustrating when the minister seems to treat us with less regard than pieces of paper he shuffles on his desk while dreaming up policy. Communicate, well in advance, transparency, manage expectations - fix TWP - that would cure +90% of peoples recurrent frustrations with CIC.

My two cents anyway

Ben
Hi,

Looks like they are possibly planning on releasing new set of application forms - that will screw up everyone who has preprepared an application and also cause further delay in anyone else's ability to start preparing forms post press release of list of 24. This is exactly the sort of nonsense I was complaining about with communication and understanding the system and the effect that it has on applicants that I was complaining about in my other post.

Just spotted on here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-04-18.asp

"IMPORTANT NOTE: CIC will update application kits and web materials before the new FSWP is launched on May 4, 2013. Prospective applicants who wish to get a head start on their application can proceed with the steps and information outlined above but should check the CIC website for new FSWP application forms."
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Looks like they are possibly planning on releasing new set of application forms - that will screw up everyone who has preprepared an application and also cause further delay in anyone else's ability to start preparing forms post press release of list of 24. This is exactly the sort of nonsense I was complaining about with communication and understanding the system and the effect that it has on applicants that I was complaining about in my other post.

Just spotted on here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-04-18.asp

"IMPORTANT NOTE: CIC will update application kits and web materials before the new FSWP is launched on May 4, 2013. Prospective applicants who wish to get a head start on their application can proceed with the steps and information outlined above but should check the CIC website for new FSWP application forms."
lol - it does feel somewhat like....

Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:11 pm

lol - it does feel somewhat like....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...poster.box.jpg
Ben I think you need a couple of drinks

You have vented and I know It is frustrating, but take it easy over the weekend, take stock and review your options. No point bursting a blood vessel about politicians and burecats, they are the same the world over.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Ben I think you need a couple of drinks

You have vented and I know It is frustrating, but take it easy over the weekend, take stock and review your options. No point bursting a blood vessel about politicians and burecats, they are the same the world over.
lol -would be more interesting than this Prince2 E learning course I am currently sitting through.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

There's always Australia
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
There's always Australia
That's true but Australia stinks of <snip > and its got not mates.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 12:35 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

My two cents anyway

Ben
They won't be filled on day one - not by a long shot. The educational assessment requirement makes sure of that. If you can apply then you should apply and not be defeatist! Think positive thoughts!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:47 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
The educational assessment requirement makes sure of that.
From what I've been hearing they can take months to complete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.