Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Emergency return to the UK followed by return to Canada. Please help.

Emergency return to the UK followed by return to Canada. Please help.

Old May 8th 2012, 12:55 am
Just Joined

bing434 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emergency return to the UK followed by return to Canada. Please help.

A family emergency has meant that I have had to return to the UK only a few weeks after activating my year-long Working Holiday Visa. Naturally, I intend to return to Canada to pick up where I left out - my Canadian fiancee lives there, after all - but I'm concerned I will have an issue being permitted to enter Canada again. The reason for this is that on the work permit in my passport, at the bottom, in large print it says "This does not authorise re-entry". Should I be bothered about the technicalities of this - have I just wasted my work permit - or am I being too worried?

Anyone with previous experience who can allay my fears?

Thanks,

Gareth
Old May 8th 2012, 1:05 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emergency return to the UK followed by return to Canada. Please help.

Originally Posted by bing434
A family emergency has meant that I have had to return to the UK only a few weeks after activating my year-long Working Holiday Visa. Naturally, I intend to return to Canada to pick up where I left out - my Canadian fiancee lives there, after all - but I'm concerned I will have an issue being permitted to enter Canada again. The reason for this is that on the work permit in my passport, at the bottom, in large print it says "This does not authorise re-entry". Should I be bothered about the technicalities of this - have I just wasted my work permit - or am I being too worried?

Anyone with previous experience who can allay my fears?

Thanks,

Gareth
No you'll be fine. That just means you need an accompanying passport

Don't worry
Old May 8th 2012, 1:06 am
Just Joined

bing434 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emergency return to the UK followed by return to Canada. Please help.

Thank you so much, el_richo.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

ive exited and entered Canada 3 times and am on that visa. you will have no issues at all.