Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Finally i had some answers from the Met Office - Lost ????

Finally i had some answers from the Met Office - Lost ????

Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Finally i had some answers from the Met Office - Lost ????

Hi folks , just to update anyone who read an earlier post this week from me.

I was trying to find out how long the police checks from the met office take to be returned to you by post.

After a couple of posts saying 40 days and someone having recieved theres on day 33 , i decide to give them a call.The reason for this is that i had sent mine off last month and received the payment receipt from them dated 20th feb .The thing is i need them by the end of next week and was getting a little worried.

So i ring them today and speak to a lady in the public access office , who says the only record of me having a police check is in 2004 ( when we originally applied for ppr ).

? MMMMM

I explained that i had recieved a reciept from them and that it was a postal order and i needed the checks by the end of this week.She said i would need to fax over a copy of the receipt and the forms again ( 3019b i think )and she would get on it right away as there had been an error in admin .It looks like the signature at the bottom of my receipt was a give away as to who was responsible and this person had filed us under my wifes Maiden Name !

So hopefully well have them shortly.

This is just to remind you folks that you need too keep on top of everything .
Dont take it for granted that because you have a receipt it means your going to get what your after .

thansk anyway to you folks .

cheers Dave
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:13 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finally i had some answers from the Met Office - Lost ????

Originally Posted by wizaird
Hi folks , just to update anyone who read an earlier post this week from me.

I was trying to find out how long the police checks from the met office take to be returned to you by post.

After a couple of posts saying 40 days and someone having recieved theres on day 33 , i decide to give them a call.The reason for this is that i had sent mine off last month and received the payment receipt from them dated 20th feb .The thing is i need them by the end of next week and was getting a little worried.

So i ring them today and speak to a lady in the public access office , who says the only record of me having a police check is in 2004 ( when we originally applied for ppr ).

? MMMMM

I explained that i had recieved a reciept from them and that it was a postal order and i needed the checks by the end of this week.She said i would need to fax over a copy of the receipt and the forms again ( 3019b i think )and she would get on it right away as there had been an error in admin .It looks like the signature at the bottom of my receipt was a give away as to who was responsible and this person had filed us under my wifes Maiden Name !

So hopefully well have them shortly.

This is just to remind you folks that you need too keep on top of everything .
Dont take it for granted that because you have a receipt it means your going to get what your after .

thansk anyway to you folks .

cheers Dave
I thought the Met Office was something to do with the weather......
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MCrocker
I thought the Met Office was something to do with the weather......
Me too.

Sad anorak that I am.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys im referring to the Metropolitan police office .

or the Public access office at New Scotland Yard