Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

anybody obtained certified statement of GCSE results recently???

anybody obtained certified statement of GCSE results recently???

Old May 25th 2008, 2:33 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default anybody obtained certified statement of GCSE results recently???

Hi

Just wondered if anybody has done the above recently?

I have established that there are now only 3 examining boards that cover all of the subjects and you need to apply to each one for the relevent statements.(also found out that you don't get replacement certificates, just the certified statement which is an official document.

The difficulty I have is that I'm not sure which subjects fall under which exam board, therefore interested to know if anybody has done this recently and how.

Any info greatly received !

Thanks
Old May 25th 2008, 3:01 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anybody obtained certified statement of GCSE results recently???

Can't answer your question, but if you do have the original certificates, do you still need to get a certified statement of results?
Old May 25th 2008, 3:07 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I have stupidly misplaced my certificates, I am normally a "keep everything, you never know when you might need it" person so am kicking myself now!!
Old May 25th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

What Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant future

Yep, we did this recently for OH. She is trying to get her teachers certificate converted to Canadian.

Go to www.ocr.org.uk, download the form, send money and form, get certificate.

Best of luck.
Old May 25th 2008, 4:59 pm

Many thanks for the info.

Can you tell me if OCR were able to locate the results of all the GCSE subjects taken?

Cheers!
Old May 25th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Hi!!

Yes, I applied for my O/H to edexcel and OCR to find out past examination results. This was for exams done in 1988. It only took a few weeks to find the results. The results show as 'Certifying Statement of Results'. You can then apply to IQAS to convert your exam results.

You can put in an application to as many as you like and pay around £30 each application. If they can't find them then they don't charge you!

FOR ANYBODY PLEASE FIND:-

List of examination Boards:

AQA (Manchester) T: 0161 953 1180
(Guildford) T: 01483 506506

OCR T: 01223 553311

Edexcel T: 0870 240 9800, www.edexcel.org.uk

Welsh Joint Education Committee T: 029 2026 5000

Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (Northern Ireland)
T: 02890 261200

Scottish Qualification Authority T: 0845 279 1000

Hope this helps

Angela
Old May 26th 2008, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by robert_masters
Hi!!

Yes, I applied for my O/H to edexcel and OCR to find out past examination results. This was for exams done in 1988. It only took a few weeks to find the results. The results show as 'Certifying Statement of Results'. You can then apply to IQAS to convert your exam results.

You can put in an application to as many as you like and pay around £30 each application. If they can't find them then they don't charge you!

FOR ANYBODY PLEASE FIND:-

List of examination Boards:

AQA (Manchester) T: 0161 953 1180
(Guildford) T: 01483 506506

OCR T: 01223 553311

Edexcel T: 0870 240 9800, www.edexcel.org.uk

Welsh Joint Education Committee T: 029 2026 5000

Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (Northern Ireland)
T: 02890 261200

Scottish Qualification Authority T: 0845 279 1000

Hope this helps

Angela
Hi Angela,

Many Thanks for above info, would it be better to apply to each of the organisations one at a time to save possible duplication/costs?, i.e apply to one, see what exam results they find, then go to the next one to try and get the remaining? I have 11 to find I think from memory.

Thanks again

Nikki
Old May 26th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Nicki

I would go for Edexcel and OCR first, but it wouldn't cost you any more if you went for more. They only charge you when they find the results!!

What exams are you trying to find, did you take them at the same time and the same place??? If you took all your gcse in one place then they will charge you £30 for that set of exams. If you are after another set i.e A levels then another £30 will be charged. So it depends what group of exams you took, where and when?? and so on. The application forms you can download from the sites or make a phone call. Really at first it's only the cost of a stamp or two!!

Overall, it wouldn't cost you anymore to try and find them on each examination board.

Oh! another option, sometimes you can find out if you ask the school you attended or ask a friend who took them at the same time as you (If poss).

We have JUST put the house of the market at a realistic price, see what happens in the next few weeks!!

What part are you going to and what job are you hoping to get?

Good luck!!

Let me know how you get on!!

Angela
Old May 26th 2008, 11:25 am

Nicki

I would go for Edexcel and OCR first, but it wouldn't cost you any more if you went for more. They only charge you when they find the results!!

What exams are you trying to find, did you take them at the same time and the same place??? If you took all your gcse in one place then they will charge you £30 for that set of exams. If you are after another set i.e A levels then another £30 will be charged. So it depends what group of exams you took, where and when?? and so on. The application forms you can download from the sites or make a phone call. Really at first it's only the cost of a stamp or two!!

Overall, it wouldn't cost you anymore to try and find them on each examination board.

Oh! another option, sometimes you can find out if you ask the school you attended or ask a friend who took them at the same time as you (If poss).

We have JUST put the house of the market at a realistic price, see what happens in the next few weeks!!

What part are you going to and what job are you hoping to get?

Good luck!!

Let me know how you get on!!

Angela
Thanks Angela.

It should be fairly straight forward as its just all my gcse results that I sat in one session, same school etc. I have just printed all the forms off so I will send to the 2 you mentioned and hopefully that should cover it.

We are going to NS and I am in the insurance claims/loss adjusting background and have had some positive feedback following our recce so hopefully it will all work out!

Thanks for your help on this
Old May 26th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

blake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the rough

I didn't think GCSE's figured into the application process. My recollection is that it only requested post-secondary education documents. I.e A-levels onwards.

Feel free to shoot me down and put me right, because it'll therefore be something I need to attend to as well as part of my updated documents.

Whats the verdict?
Old May 26th 2008, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by blake75
I didn't think GCSE's figured into the application process. My recollection is that it only requested post-secondary education documents. I.e A-levels onwards.

Feel free to shoot me down and put me right, because it'll therefore be something I need to attend to as well as part of my updated documents.

Whats the verdict?
hi

I've just checked the CIC checklist for documents and it does say -
"post secondary education documents, vocational, technical certificates, degrees/and or college or university diplomas"

So from this I assume I don't need to get copies of GCSE certs??, the only additional thing I have is a certificate in Supervisory Mgt, which I still have.

Just wondering if the above is correct how do CIC know/confirm your standard level of education???
Old May 26th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

One of the exam boards charges you regardless of whether they find any results, or did when I wanted to get mine a couple of years ago.
Old May 26th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi!!

Well, Edexcel and OCR don't!! Something you can check out before hand!! You can ring them and find out.

Some people may need to get hold of exam results for whatever reasons i.e further education/uni or proof that you completed your years at school. It won't do any harm getting ready with all the results and the certificates to proove it!!

So if you say you have G.C.S.E or A Levels then who ever may ask for them!! BE PREPARED!!

On our application it gaves us extra points if you completed secondary education for both of us. I'm not sure at present what it gives you for further education. But if you have your qualifications assessed by IQAS you will know!! It takes about 28 days or more!! I'll find out in a few weeks what my further education equates to.

I see it as having everything there and ready!!

Remember everyones position is different!!

Angela
Old May 26th 2008, 6:02 pm

Hi!!

Well, Edexcel and OCR don't!! Something you can check out before hand!! You can ring them and find out.

Some people may need to get hold of exam results for whatever reasons i.e further education/uni or proof that you completed your years at school. It won't do any harm getting ready with all the results and the certificates to proove it!!

So if you say you have G.C.S.E or A Levels then who ever may ask for them!! BE PREPARED!!

On our application it gaves us extra points if you completed secondary education for both of us. I'm not sure at present what it gives you for further education. But if you have your qualifications assessed by IQAS you will know!! It takes about 28 days or more!! I'll find out in a few weeks what my further education equates to.

I see it as having everything there and ready!!

Remember everyones position is different!!

Angela
Hi Angela,

as you say it doesn't harm to have them just in case somebody asks for proof, we are applying under NS CI stream so we don't need the results for a points perspective, but an employer may want to see them, even if CIC don't.

Thanks again

Nikki
Old May 26th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

EXACTLY THAT!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.