Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

After medical how long will it take to get PR?

After medical how long will it take to get PR?

Old May 19th 2005, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

novice98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After medical how long will it take to get PR?

Hi All,

I have done my medical in January 2005 and submitted that to CIC. I check on e-Client application status, it says my Medical results have been received. From that point how long do I have to wait to get my PR?

Thanks...
Old May 20th 2005, 12:16 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After medical how long will it take to get PR?

It depends from many factors, including visa post processing your application. In some visa posts medicals are requested after preliminary selection decision is made but before background and security check are completed and thus it may be anywhere from few months to well over a year to conclude case there. Some visa post ask for medicals only after all other checks are already positively completed and in such cases it takes few weeks to few months to complete process.

Originally Posted by novice98
Hi All,

I have done my medical in January 2005 and submitted that to CIC. I check on e-Client application status, it says my Medical results have been received. From that point how long do I have to wait to get my PR?

Thanks...
Old May 20th 2005, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

Mr. Miller,

How about CHC Hong Kong? They send medical after all the checks or before?
CHC HK received my medical on March 1, 2005 and PCC on April first week.

Thanks
Rahul

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It depends from many factors, including visa post processing your application. In some visa posts medicals are requested after preliminary selection decision is made but before background and security check are completed and thus it may be anywhere from few months to well over a year to conclude case there. Some visa post ask for medicals only after all other checks are already positively completed and in such cases it takes few weeks to few months to complete process.
Old May 20th 2005, 2:44 pm

The simplest way to determine if medicals were requested before or after all other checks are completed is - if medicals were received with or shortly after successful interview or interview waiver it indicates that other checks are still pending. If medicals are requested well after (several months) interview or waiver then most likely other checks are completed or are expected to be completed soon.

Originally Posted by rahul_singh23
Mr. Miller,

How about CHC Hong Kong? They send medical after all the checks or before?
CHC HK received my medical on March 1, 2005 and PCC on April first week.

Thanks
Rahul
Old May 20th 2005, 2:56 pm
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough

Hi Andrew

Just wondering if you know about CIC Berlin - we just got our meds request 11 months after submitting application for skilled visas (9 months after AOR) with no mention of an interview/interview waiver (seems Berlin don't require interviews as often as other posts????)......from your experience do you think we could be close to PR? The Berlin yogi timeline seems to suggest that.

Thanks in advance, your insight is always appreciated.

Also is there any advantage in sending CIC the ROLF before being requested to do so?????

NSP

The simplest way to determine if medicals were requested before or after all other checks are completed is - if medicals were received with or shortly after successful interview or interview waiver it indicates that other checks are still pending. If medicals are requested well after (several months) interview or waiver then most likely other checks are completed or are expected to be completed soon.
Old May 20th 2005, 3:22 pm

It may be close to the end. Berlin usually sends medical request when they assume that other checks will be completed soon. But sometimes security check is not completed as soon as expected and applicants need to wait much longer. Each case is unique.

Paying RPRF well before being asked to do so has advantage - it saves you at least couple months of process.

Originally Posted by nsp
Hi Andrew

Just wondering if you know about CIC Berlin - we just got our meds request 11 months after submitting application for skilled visas (9 months after AOR) with no mention of an interview/interview waiver (seems Berlin don't require interviews as often as other posts????)......from your experience do you think we could be close to PR? The Berlin yogi timeline seems to suggest that.

Thanks in advance, your insight is always appreciated.

Also is there any advantage in sending CIC the ROLF before being requested to do so?????

NSP
Old May 20th 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by novice98
Hi All,

Thanks...
It depends what CIC you submitted to I suppose....If you are submitting to CHC London, then not too long at all....Did the letter that was sent along with medical requests from the CIC that you are applying through, stipulate getting up to date police clearances, or any other information that may need updated?
Old May 20th 2005, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

novice98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew,

I submitted to CIC Buffallo. I got the interview waived. Some says it only takes 3-6 months to get my PR is it true?

Thanks..
Old May 20th 2005, 6:00 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew,

Can I trouble you to ask what the exact specific process is for London ? Meds called at what stage for background and sec checks ?

Thanks in anticipation, we have paid RPRF as soon as meds request came through and also sent updated police checks, just in case.

Rich
Old May 22nd 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

syedamir12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Andrew Miller,

I've applied sine march 2001 from Islamabad. My medical was done on 11/03/2005. What do u think about my case. How long it will take ??

Regards,
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:59 pm
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough

Thanks Andrew.

What is the difference between the RPRF (Right of permanent residence fee) and the ROLF? not sure what the latter is, anyone know?

It may be close to the end. Berlin usually sends medical request when they assume that other checks will be completed soon. But sometimes security check is not completed as soon as expected and applicants need to wait much longer. Each case is unique.

Paying RPRF well before being asked to do so has advantage - it saves you at least couple months of process.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by nsp
Thanks Andrew.

What is the difference between the RPRF (Right of permanent residence fee) and the ROLF? not sure what the latter is, anyone know?
Same thing. ROLF (Right of Landing Fee) was in previous Act & Regs.

PMM