Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Are you ready and looking forward

Are you ready and looking forward

Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:28 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you ready and looking forward

To days that are short and dark at 3 30 pm?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:58 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you ready and looking forward

God, just how far North were you
Not quite that bad where we are. School finishes for us around 4pm and I don't remember too many days when it was dark coming out the schoolroom.

Anyhow, I quite like the winter evenings, snuggled up with a book and some hot chocolate - especially when everything is covered in in snow or frost and fortunately it is a fairly short winter here
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Not quite that bad where we are. School finishes for us around 4pm and I don't remember too many days when it was dark coming out the schoolroom.

Anyhow, I quite like the winter evenings, snuggled up with a book and some hot chocolate - especially when everything is covered in in snow or frost and fortunately it is a fairly short winter here

He must be in Scotland
Old Sep 27th 2011, 3:25 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OGSG

He must be in Scotland

Now there I do remember coming home from school in the dark Also, the cold was a damp cold and winters were about 5 months long
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice

Wow !! Dark this early and not into October yet !!. Although I`ve peeped into the forum on a regular basis...I haven`t had much to say recently. Feeling a bit `down` as sale of our property has fallen through, and won`t be coming over as quickly as hoped. BUT .....DARK SOOOO EARLY ?? Really ? Are you winding me up ? What time does it get light ?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

No, he's on a wind up because he is in Spain now

Tonight it got dark around 7.30pm and it's light about 6am. In the depth of winter, it does get dark earlier but I don't remember it being that early and it isn't for long.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 3:55 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't talking about now no, Winter.

In Winter on a dull and damp day it can be dark around the 3 30pm mark well perhaps 4pm, that was the thing I hated most of all about Hungary.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:21 am
Just Joined

suenmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Just how short is the normal winter and when does it start getting warm again, as we are hoping to get out there next May for a look and see holiday, ready for the big move
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:57 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Sure is freezing here 27 degrees and clear blue skies - kids wishing I hadn't emptied the pool! Getting dark around 7.15pm.

Supposed to dip end of the week but for now I can say this has been the hottest summer and Autumn so far.

Suenmike, I would say that winter proper is December till the end of February. Come the end of the second week in March, temperatures rise and there will be a few days in the high 20's - still a chilly in the evenings. April is warm but you can get days of heavy rain, come May you are almost guaranteed temperatures above 22 with the exception of a day here or there when it dips to 16-18 degrees. Hope this helps
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Sure is freezing here 27 degrees and clear blue skies - kids wishing I hadn't emptied the pool! Getting dark around 7.15pm.

Supposed to dip end of the week but for now I can say this has been the hottest summer and Autumn so far.

Suenmike, I would say that winter proper is December till the end of February. Come the end of the second week in March, temperatures rise and there will be a few days in the high 20's - still a chilly in the evenings. April is warm but you can get days of heavy rain, come May you are almost guaranteed temperatures above 22 with the exception of a day here or there when it dips to 16-18 degrees. Hope this helps
Thanks Rural Hungrary - that a great help
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:20 am

Nice for October everywhere it seems

Last edited by anonimouse; Oct 7th 2011 at 11:22 am.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Nice for October everywhere it seems
It is here in Aussie anyway
Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

The weather her in Devon has been quite good but it gets dark about 6.30 ish and when the clocks go back it will be earlier. It sounds as though that some memories fade when you live in Hungary. Hungary sounds better than Britain as from October to end March there is a long depresive bout of British weather, cant knock it, Dry winters and longer hotter summers, proper seasons I've heard. From Mr positive
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Just to update. Daytime temps about 14 and 7 at night. Getting dark about 6pm now.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Apparently we are in for a lovely weekend - the sun is shining as I type

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.