Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Are you being Hungarian or British for Xmas?

Are you being Hungarian or British for Xmas?

Old Dec 26th 2017, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you being Hungarian or British for Xmas?

Finest bone marrow I have had so far was in Warsaw, haven't tried it here yet.
Old Dec 26th 2017, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I got a joint of beef in Lidl for Christmas day. They did not have much selection so I ended up with a piece of neck (one of the tougher cuts) but I braised it in red wine and it turned out both tender and tasty. Even the spuds had more flavour than normal as I had cooked them in the roasting tin with the beef. I usually mash them with sour cream but I had run out of that so I used vajkrem. I will make Cornish pasties with the rest of the beef, once I get to the shops and buy more onions and carrots.
Old Dec 26th 2017, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Even the spuds had more flavour than normal as I had cooked them in the roasting tin with the beef. I usually mash them with sour cream but I had run out of that so I used vajkrem. I will make Cornish pasties with the rest of the beef, once I get to the shops and buy more onions and carrots.
All my left-overs were diced and fried for a traditional Boxing day Bubble and squeak with pickle.
It was nice to have a dozen people to enjoy Christmas, but it is so nice to get rid of them so I can eat what i like when I like.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

We had the relatives around - 15 at the table

2 geese, suitably stuffed - carcasses remain for the soup pot

wine flowed like the biblical flood

Christmas pud and mince pies

coffee and beigli (Hungarys antidote to mince pies !)

JOB DONE
Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

GMC girl is an unknown quantity at this point

With not much time since we arrived, we had duck, chicken & beautiful roasties. piles of veg, roast parsnips, cauli etc
All washed down with copious amounts of Hungarian wine.

Bring on New Year.