Yellow Bin

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yellow Bin

Gone are the simple carefree days of chuck everything in the general rubbish wheelie bin.
We now have a very bright Yellow bin (with the caution about hot ash written in English) to use for recycling.
When I collected my bin I was also given a calendar of collection dates, unfortunately the driver seems to have been given a different one! Since sometimes they appear on the correct date and sometimes earlier or later, likewise my fellow residents don't seem to be sure which date is correct, so yellow bins seem to pop out and vanish again for several days up and down the street.

Oddly glass items are not to go into the bin and still need to be taken to the big collection skips.

And for a few weeks the usual hazard of kamikaze bicyclists was magnified by the sight of cyclists riding along one handed towing their newly collected bins with the other hand, still at least they were bright and easy to see if somewhat erratic in their progress.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yellow Bin

So Hungary is a long way from what we do in the UK? My Hungarian relatives seem to think it's a good idea to separate waste and I'm sure when it reaches them they will be enthusiastic. No doubt there will be some big arguments if the recyclable and other waste collections get mixed up with one or the other blaming the other for getting the dates wrong only to back down after consulting the rubbish collection calendar and ranting on the phone to the local "council".

We have:
1) Household Waste bin (non-recyclables)
2) Bin for cardboard, paper, etc.
3) Bin for all other recyclables (cans, jars, plastic bottles, etc.)
4) Food bin (and a small caddy bin for inside the house)

4) ans 2) are collected every week
1) & 3) are collected on alternate weeks
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it will work better than the existing system of big recycling bins in each village or suburb? I sometimes take glass and plastic bottles to ours and find all sorts in there, paint tins, dead cats etc! They don't have one for steel tins but perhaps people save them up and take them with other scrap to the scrap metal merchants. I often see big queues of cars going into the Murafem scrap metal yard in Kanizsa. They do have machines that eat aluminium drinks cans in some of the supermarkets so I guess I should be saving them.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 6:54 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I wonder if it will work better than the existing system of big recycling bins in each village or suburb? I sometimes take glass and plastic bottles to ours and find all sorts in there, paint tins, dead cats etc! They don't have one for steel tins but perhaps people save them up and take them with other scrap to the scrap metal merchants. I often see big queues of cars going into the Murafem scrap metal yard in Kanizsa. They do have machines that eat aluminium drinks cans in some of the supermarkets so I guess I should be saving them.
I found myself driving from village to village trying to find bins that actually had room in them! Usually we would have to go to the ones in Nagy as the village bins rarely seemed to be emptied and I did wonder why our small village was so assumingly concious regards recycling because as soon as they were empty, they were full again. Makes sense now reading your post - they were probably being used as refuse bins!