Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Where are you all ! ?

Where are you all ! ?

Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

male1963 has a spectacular aura aboutmale1963 has a spectacular aura aboutmale1963 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where are you all ! ?

Originally Posted by Evie2
Hi everyone,
I`m relatively new to the forum, only posted a couple of times but love`looking in`. So !...where are you all ? I know some are still in UK at the moment but where are the rest of you ? in Hungary or otherwise.....Me ?? well, I`m in Dalyan, Turkey at the moment.We live here for most of the year, but we would like, and are hoping to move to Hungary later this year or early next. Would love to hear, especially, about the different areas. I`ve read quite a bit about the Hungarian language and have downloaded a couple of useful aids.....I`m still struggling with Turkish and my tongue is now considering `going into re-hab` !!
Hi,

Just South West of Budapest (about 30 Kms). I just love living so near to the capital city whereas in the UK it would cost a fortune to buy a house that close to London!
Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:13 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
We've lived here for 3 years.
In summer we live in the hills above Eger and in winter we live in Sirok (about 20kms from Eger).
We teach English for various schools, both private and state run.
Hi and welcome to the BE site, if you need any help or advice just give myself or Mitzyboy a shout.
Think I read your blog a couple of years ago
Glad to hear you're enjoying Hungary.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi and welcome to the BE site, if you need any help or advice just give myself or Mitzyboy a shout.
Think I read your blog a couple of years ago
Glad to hear you're enjoying Hungary.
Thanks
I haven't updated the blog for a long while as I created a website instead. Infact, I forgot all about the blog until you mentioned it.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:03 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

- yes I think it was a while ago that I read it, probably about 3 years ago when we bought here - where does the time go! Hopefully you'll stay around for a while and enlighten us on what it's like up your way. I believe scenically it is supposed to be stunning?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:03 pm
Banned

balkanman is an unknown quantity at this point

The onlyplace in Hungary which has disapointed me was Lake Balaton. The lake itself is beautiful but the whole place is an unbearable tourist-trap.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:54 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyone from the UK living in or near Tapolca ?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by balkanman
The onlyplace in Hungary which has disapointed me was Lake Balaton. The lake itself is beautiful but the whole place is an unbearable tourist-trap.

I personally think it's nice to see people around in the summer as the winters can be very quite and it's brilliant to see young and old enjoying themselves.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:18 am
Just Joined

davidszigliget is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
Is there anyone from the UK living in or near Tapolca ?
Hello John

We're near Tapolca - Szigliget, so on the lake

we come for the summer and as often else as we can make
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by davidszigliget
Hello John

When are you over this summer?
I'm driving over tomorrow (Wednesday)
Old Jul 26th 2011, 3:31 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidszigliget
Hello John

Szigliget is great - our Strand of choice in the summer
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

We live in Balatonbereny and love it here, I have loved watching the transition from the winter to the summer
Old Jan 1st 2012, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

geraldine46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where are you all ! ?

Hi and Happy New Year
I live in Siofok with no knowledge about the area yet
Is there anybody nearby this time of the year?
Old Jan 1st 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I live not far from you Geraldine - will be back to Hungary in the Spring and would love to meet up. All the best
Old Jan 1st 2012, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Polgardi
I live not far from you Geraldine - will be back to Hungary in the Spring and would love to meet up. All the best
When we get over there full time early 2012 we'll be not far from you too!
Will let you know when we get there and we could meet up for a coffee.
Old Jan 1st 2012, 9:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Aww, blossoming of friendships :-) That's what the forum is for! God I really shouldn't post after several bottles of wine but heck it's New Year and all that :-) Hope you had a good one Polgardi and look forward to your return

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.