Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Well Done & Thank You

Well Done & Thank You

Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:38 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well Done & Thank You

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of the contributors on the Hungarian forum. We now have more posts and nearly as many threads as the German section. Considering, that less than a year ago, Hungary did not have a forum of it's own but instead consisted of one long thread, I think it is a credit to you all. I hope you continue posting; helping each other and putting up with my opinionated views

A special thank you to user Hotpot, who was the first person to post - with regards to Hungary - on the BE forums
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well Done & Thank You

Yes, I wish the German forum was as good as the Hungary one. They seem more interested in having slanging matches than helping each other. I've given up on the idea of moving to Germany but was thinking of getting an investment, buy-to-let property there. I might be better to buy an apartment in Budapest for this purpose.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:48 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of the contributors on the Hungarian forum. We now have more posts and nearly as many threads as the German section. Considering, that less than a year ago, Hungary did not have a forum of it's own but instead consisted of one long thread, I think it is a credit to you all. I hope you continue posting; helping each other and putting up with my opinionated views

A special thank you to user Hotpot, who was the first person to post - with regards to Hungary - on the BE forums
Here, here and let's hope it stays as friendly and helpful as it is, here

Last edited by anonimouse; Feb 8th 2011 at 5:51 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

thankyou very much for allowing me to use the forum and getting a credit for posting. as you might know i was using it lot when i first posted.
but as a few of you know i have been in hospital three times since july last year.
i am now in a position where i cant walk at all and only got the use of one arm, so things take a long time to do. therefore my time on the pc is very limited.

i will try and post more and well done to the forum for getting a good base going and helping so many people. keep up the good work
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:15 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotpot

i will try and post more and well done to the forum for getting a good base going and helping so many people. keep up the good work
And I for one will look forward to it. Hope your getting better by the day and will see you soon
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear about your health issues Hotpot and hope you are feeling better and you and hubby can enjoy the oncoming spring/summer weather.
I dont see the point in falling out on a forum Fidobsa especially this type of forum. A lot of people want/need information to make an informed choice when thinking of settling in Hungary and the great thing about this forum is that so many contributors give great info and help. After all it appears since I joined ( a relatively short time) more and more people are moving here and ex-pats ,to an extent, need to help each other out unconditionally (spelling ??). People are the same the world over and sometimes for whatever reasons, expected or weird you cannot get along with everyone but this forum is really really good and information abounds, too much sometimes
Long may it continue.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 11:10 am
I bite my thumb at thee

As of today, we have 155 threads - the same as the German forum. So again, well done and I hope you all continue to enjoy adding to our community here.