Weather

Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Yes, the forecasts have been rubbish lately. You can pretty much guarantee it will be cooler than the maximum temperature they start off with. One day they were quoting a maximum of 10 degrees, the next day they were quoting a maximum of 4 degrees and saying it would be warmer than yesterday!
I wouldn't be complaining if we had that rather than the rain we have had the past few weeks/months. Luckily in the part of Kent I live I have escaped everything, including being splashed by inconsiderate car drivers!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I've just taken a look at the ten day weather forecast on Yahoo, for Abaujszanto which is the nearest I can get to where I live. According to the forecast we're due to have rain/snow showers most days from this coming Wednesday until next Sunday. Ah well, happy times!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

I checked the forecast this morning and they said that we'd get some light snow next week. Tonight they say that we'll get snow from tomorrow evening!!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 6:14 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

4 inches of snow Friday then 6 Sunday
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
4 inches of snow Friday then 6 Sunday
Great...just as we have visitors. I am hoping for a short swift winter...not that awful blizzard craziness we had last year on 15th March
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was trapped in Austria last year on 15 March. Trying to keep my English mentality in check but will be off to Tesco first thing tomorrow to stock up
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

We had snow last night .... must have happened between 6 and 9pm. Not very much thank goodness, only enough to leave a thin layer on the ground. Most of it has now disappeared but according to the forecast we'll have snow showers again on Saturday, then nothing until the first of February.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

have been glued to my webcam since December with no snow looks like a light fluttering now though and temp at -4
Old Jan 24th 2014, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Snowing here now....lets hope winter is quick :-)
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Snowing here, first time this winter.
Oh well better dig out the pavement sweeper!
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I made a rare visit to the village shop this morning as it might be a few days before I venture out in the car. I actually feel guilty about not using the shop much but they seem to be in a time warp there and the half empty shelves look like something from the communist era. I went in about 8.30 and they had already nearly sold out of bread.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heli2010
have been glued to my webcam since December with no snow looks like a light fluttering now though and temp at -4
We have a light dusting just 'round the corner' and our thermometer is reading -7°C... Winter at last they grey was getting me down, shame it is only forecast to last the rest of the day
Old Jan 25th 2014, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its been snowing steadily here since about 5am this morning and shows no sign of stopping. About an inch of snow on the ground at the moment but who knows how much tomorrow morning?

My little dog Chloe stuck her nose out of the door this morning and promptly went back to bed where she's stayed all day .... she uses a litter box so its not a problem. For Georgina my Peigirl its her first experience of snow and she couldn't wait to be let out. She's been racing around the garden most of the day and only stops when she's exhausted. She then sits on the drive watching the world go by and refuses to come in again .... do dogs get chilblains on their backside?

[IMG]www.BritishExpats.com[/IMG]

Last edited by Sachina; Jan 25th 2014 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sachina
I've just taken a look at the ten day weather forecast on Yahoo, for Abaujszanto which is the nearest I can get to where I live. According to the forecast we're due to have rain/snow showers most days from this coming Wednesday until next Sunday. Ah well, happy times!
Maybe you can do better location wise with: www.idokep.hu which is the main national weather site.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:03 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
My little dog Chloe stuck her nose out of the door this morning and promptly went back to bed where she's stayed all day .... she uses a litter box so its not a problem. For Georgina my Peigirl its her first experience of snow and she couldn't wait to be let out. She's been racing around the garden most of the day and only stops when she's exhausted. She then sits on the drive watching the world go by and refuses to come in again .... do dogs get chilblains on their backside?
How cute, mine hates it, stands on three paws for a minute then swaps paw to stop any of them getting too cold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.