Reload this Page >

Warning and help

Warning and help

Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Andy.K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warning and help

Hello all,
I was told about this site from one of your regulars (Bronty). I have been renovating our house for the last couple of years and we have nearly finish apart from the Kitchen. I ordered a kitchen last November from a company called Retzbuter in Kesthley though the head office is in Budapest (sorry if the spelling is out still getting to grips with the local names). To cut a very very long story short this company have refused to deliver until I paid up front for the whole package even though we had agreed a deposit term and payment after fitting, I told them to shove it as I had lost complete trust in the company after many false promises and a rumour that they had gone bust, oh yes they only wanted cash as well. I would advise anyone looking at this company to stay away they are bad news.

They are now threatening to take me to court, so I'm asking if anyone knows a good english speaking lawyer?
Regards Andrew
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

chazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nice
Default Re: Warning and help

Why dont you contact the Tax dept
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:20 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have the payment terms in writing? If not, it may be difficult to prove that was the original agreement.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

Hi Andrew, glad you found the site. Before anyone gets too involved, the company is in liquidation. They are also being sued by numerous people, for taking money without supplying goods. I was told that there is an arrest warrant for the owner and that they are searching for him. All the companys funds have been transferred to Cyprus, which the authoritys are trying to resolve. Do not pay anything, and to be honest do not waste your time with a solicitor, as do not see them taking any action, just the normal threats to foreigners. Wait and see, but any money paid to date might be a lost cause.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:46 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bronty
Hi Andrew, glad you found the site. Before anyone gets too involved, the company is in liquidation. They are also being sued by numerous people, for taking money without supplying goods. I was told that there is an arrest warrant for the owner and that they are searching for him. All the companys funds have been transferred to Cyprus, which the authoritys are trying to resolve. Do not pay anything, and to be honest do not waste your time with a solicitor, as do not see them taking any action, just the normal threats to foreigners. Wait and see, but any money paid to date might be a lost cause.
Ouch - nem jol!
If they're in liquidation they are hardly going to be suing anyone.
Looks like you had a lucky escape Andy.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Andy.K is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bronty, thanks for the update. Very Glad I stuck to my guns an didn't release the rest of the funds.