Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to Hungary

Wanting to move to Hungary

Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:09 am
Just Joined

sebj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to Hungary

Firstly, I am new here, so hell everyone, nice to meet you!
I hope to be moving to Hungary next year if my plan seems OK, and that's where I could do with some of your views on it. Currently I am teaching in Thailand, been here 5 years, I hold a M.Ed in Primary Education, a BA in English and a TEFL for all that's it's worth. To cut a long story short I want this to be my last year in Thailand as I am missing all that euro culture now. Visited Budapest many times and it has become my favorite city in the world. I am hoping to make it my new home. What is the teaching scene like there? I'd rather keep teaching kids if I could, as that’s where all my experience is. Willing to consider other options though.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Hungary

Hi Sebj and welcome to the forum. Most of us here are outside of Budapest so not sure we can advise on the job market. There is an expat facebook page which has many Budapest based members, if you can't find it I'm sure one of the regulars here will point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your new adventure.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sebj
If you look on xpatloop.com there are always adverts for english teachers on there. I would try contacting some schools directly as native English teachers are always sought after.
Good luck
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

By the way if you are going to work in any of the public sector schools here you will need all of your documentation in place I.e. Registration, address card, tax card and health (taj) card. They cannot employ you without these. I am not sure what you need to work in private schools e.g. The international schools but it may well be the same. You will also need to get official translation of your degree certificates etc.
In terms of tax etc you will lose about 30% of your gross pay.