Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:35 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vehicle Registration Thread

From further up the thread:

Registration tax can be calculated here

This is only the registration tax.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

The calculator is in Hungarian but fairly easy to work out. If you need help, give me a shout
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:38 am
Just Joined

logger56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

Hi Rural

I checked that link to the registration tax site, but it's all Hungarian to me, and my pocket dictionary doesn't seem to stretch that far!

Can anyone provide a users guide for beginners?
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 9:15 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Logger56, short "how to" below, hope it helps

1) At the top of the form, select Benzines or Diesel (petrol or diesel)

2)Below that, there is a drop down menu. Select your engine size.

3) Then select your Euro cat.
4-nel rosszab is equivalent to EURO I
4 is EURO II
5(which isn't listed?) is for gas, electric and hybrids
6-8 is EURO III
9-11 is EURO IV
Above 11 is EURO V and above

4) The first set of drop down boxes with the Title "Első, eredeti
forgalomba helyezés" is for the date the vehicle was first registered.

5) The second set of boxes is for the date of intended registration in Hungary.

6) Then click the button " Kiszamitas"

The amount of tax payable is the bottom amount - "A regisztrációs adó
arányosított összege
kerekítve"
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

I think I read that you have to be a resident in Hungary before you can register your car or do you just need an address in Hungary that you own.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you need to have an address card and also a tax number. I recently bought a car and did not know if I had a tax number but found it on my stamp duty bill for the house purchase.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Just heard via Notelab (secondhand information) that apparently you can register a vehicle with just your address card. If so, that would be excellent news and solve the problem for many of those with holiday homes.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

From another source the following comments came in:

Reply 1.

Yes you can register a UK or other foreign car without being a
resident providing you have a property or address in Hungary. The
closest place to Balaton is Kopasvar, but you have to pay a fee based
on the type of vehicle and value. The fee can be quite high. Your
local post office should be able to give you the info you need.

Reply 2.

As far as I am aware you just need an address card which I have and I am not resident here.
I own property here, I'm only here about 4 months of the year total and an address card has made loads of things easier when sorting out bills, signing up to services like Internet and cable TV. I also used it to register a car.

Last edited by OGSG; Mar 12th 2012 at 2:41 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Now this begs the question for those not clued up , how do you get an address card and where please.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:05 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

You get it from the Okmányiroda. Just need your passport and proof of property purchase.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rural I assume it is from our local tax office in the village.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:51 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi, it's the Documents Office and I think your closest one is here.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:43 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi, it's the Documents Office and I think your closest one is here.
Do you know where the one for Veszprem Megye is please?
Old Mar 13th 2012, 10:32 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi John, I think this one deals with your area
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:28 am
Just Joined

logger56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rural, for the clear instructions on navigating the tax registration site.

The only thing I don't understand now, is the technical data in step 3)

3) Then select your Euro cat.
4-nel rosszab is equivalent to EURO I
4 is EURO II
5(which isn't listed?) is for gas, electric and hybrids
6-8 is EURO III
9-11 is EURO IV
Above 11 is EURO V and above

What's all this EURO number stuff?

I clicked the blue I information button, which took me to another site, which wasn't very helpful either. Both web pages are part of euvonal.hu, which sounds suspiciously like one of those EU organisations. This probably explains why its full of technical gobbledegook.

I don't expect anyone to know what the EURO number stuff is, but if I ever find out, I'll let you all know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.