UK Pension

Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Pension

If anyone can help..I receive a UK State pension soon. I have a TAJ card and have been paying into the Hungary Health Scheme monthly. I already hold the Hungarian EHIC healthcare card.

I have contacted National Institute for Health Insurance Fund Management
Dept. for International and EU Affairs and given all this information.The last message was I have to apply to UK for form S1 ?? is this correct.Am I confusing my Hungarian EHIC card with as proof that I no longer need to pay on my pension date.I am confused.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Pension

Originally Posted by enter
If anyone can help..I receive a UK State pension soon. I have a TAJ card and have been paying into the Hungary Health Scheme monthly. I already hold the Hungarian EHIC healthcare card.

I have contacted National Institute for Health Insurance Fund Management
Dept. for International and EU Affairs and given all this information.The last message was I have to apply to UK for form S1 ?? is this correct.Am I confusing my Hungarian EHIC card with as proof that I no longer need to pay on my pension date.I am confused.
Yes, if you get the S1 form that will give you health care in the same way that Hungarian pensioners get it, it will also include your partner even if they are notm of UK state pension age. HOWEVER article 50 will be triggered within the next couple of weeks, according to Mrs May, and no-one knows just what that will mean to Brits living within the EU.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 11:43 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yes, if you get the S1 form that will give you health care in the same way that Hungarian pensioners get it, it will also include your partner even if they are notm of UK state pension age. HOWEVER article 50 will be triggered within the next couple of weeks, according to Mrs May, and no-one knows just what that will mean to Brits living within the EU.
Agreed. But we know that nothing will change in the 2 years after Britain commits suicide, err, Article 50 is triggered.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a TAJ card then you are in the Hungarian health system. You may be entitled to a Hungarian pension depending upon how long you have contributed. However once you are a pensioner you no longer have to pay Hungarian NI - unless you want to boost your Hungarian pension.
In fact unless things have change since I sorted my private pension you only have to be in receipt of a pension, private or state, to be eligible not to pay Hungarian NI. Once you get proof that you are in receipt of a pension you take this to the local Hungarian pensions office to get registered as a pensioner not having to pay NI.

You can claim your UK state pension via the International Pensions office, which is part of the UK HMRC, go to the HMRC web siteand do a search on claiming pensions. The process for claiming the state pension is different, depending whether you are resident abroad or in the UK. I think you can claim within 4 months of your due date.

You can get your UK pension paid directly into your Hungarian Bank account if you wish.

You can also claim through the Hungarian State pensions office but that takes longer and - surprise - HMRC speak better English!

From your 65th birthday it's free travel!

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Mar 6th 2017 at 12:25 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
If you have a TAJ card then you are in the Hungarian health system. You may be entitled to a Hungarian pension depending upon how long you have contributed. However once you are a pensioner you no longer have to pay Hungarian NI - unless you want to boost your Hungarian pension.
In fact unless things have change since I sorted my private pension you only have to be in receipt of a pension, private or state, to be eligible not to pay Hungarian NI. Once you get proof that you are in receipt of a pension you take this to the local Hungarian pensions office to get registered as a pensioner not having to pay NI.

You can claim your UK state pension via the International Pensions office, which is part of the UK HMRC, go to the HMRC web siteand do a search on claiming pensions. The process for claiming the state pension is different, depending whether you are resident abroad or in the UK. I think you can claim within 4 months of your due date.
You can get your UK pension paid directly into your Hungarian Bank account if you wish.

You can also claim through the Hungarian State pensions office but that takes longer and - surprise - HMRC speak better English!

Yes Peter thats what I thought,I am already in the system and I was under the impression that I submit my UK Pension confirmation letter and all will be well. My Pension has already been claimed. i will have to try and find the Somogy area office address, I believe it is in Kaposvar,here we go!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Found out the address and apparently still need form S1 which I have applied for in UK.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that the S1 form was an entitlement to health care in an EU country, based on contributions made to the UK NI and enabled the host country to cross charge the NHS for treatment abroad.
When I started my pension i.e. became a pensioner, this was a private pension and I had to get a statement from my pension provider that I was now in receipt of a work related pension. This had nothing to do with the provision of the state OAP. And once I had this statement I was absolved from further Hungarian TB contributions.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

well, once Iget the S1 I will take with HUNGARIAN HEALTH CARD/TAJ CARD/RESIDENCY CARD/UK PENSION AWARD LETTER/PASSPORT/garden furniture and surely this will be enough. )
Old Mar 9th 2017, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Like all things bureaucratic in Hungary the process can be annoyingly tedious.

I filled out several forms when I submitted my S1 and then had to return to the office 2 days later to collect my TAJ, I think the problem was the woman who dealt with me didn't actually know what she was doing, so gave me all the forms she could think of and then sent me away so she had time to sort herself out.

A point that might be worth noting.
Your TAJ card is related to your ID document, so if like me your passport is due to expire in the next couple of years it is better to tie your TAJ to your driving licence.
Also more convenient (for me) since I always have my driving licence with me, but never carry my passport.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary

I had never thought about that, so I will get some benefit from being 65! I have to wait until I'm 67 to get my UK state pension, although I will start getting a tiny company pension fom Dunlop at 65. I only worked at Dunlop for about 8 years so that won't be much.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I had never thought about that, so I will get some benefit from being 65! I have to wait until I'm 67 to get my UK state pension, although I will start getting a tiny company pension fom Dunlop at 65. I only worked at Dunlop for about 8 years so that won't be much.
All you have to do is show your ID or passport or something acceptable that shows your age (photo and DOB) and that's it. Unfortunately you still have to pay the motorway supplement if that applies to the particular journey. No one yet knows what brexit will do to UK residents in this matter.