Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Thought. As an Östermelö would I need a work permit after Brexit?

Thought. As an Östermelö would I need a work permit after Brexit?

Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thought. As an Östermelö would I need a work permit after Brexit?

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Like I said, I sympathize! Our dream (& yours and many others) was shattered by the referendum result (it has caused a huge rift between me and a significant member of my Family) and we have thought of little else since!
Yeah so angry I can no longer type coherently!

And nothing I can do can make any difference to the situation. Which is why I have to take what action is left open to try and ensure the status quo can continue. I think I can give up on the UK authorities.

But we have a date for the house sale completion so next time I am there to do the final clearing I am sure I will have a few fallings out with the (UKIP) neighbours as I won't be seeing them ever again.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetsam1
Yeah so angry I can no longer type coherently!

And nothing I can do can make any difference to the situation. Which is why I have to take what action is left open to try and ensure the status quo can continue. I think I can give up on the UK authorities.

But we have a date for the house sale completion so next time I am there to do the final clearing I am sure I will have a few fallings out with the (UKIP) neighbours as I won't be seeing them ever again.
Try to keep calm & carry on, not easy I know, we just have to work through the obstacles.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

Try to keep calm & carry on, not easy I know, we just have to work through the obstacles.
It was nice to be back in a university department. The enthusiasm..........!

I will no doubt find a leaver on the street I can take it all out (verbally) on when I am back in the UK. I know my friends who live in the house haven't talked to any of the neighbours for well over a year now. The neighbours are people I have known since I was ten so well..........
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

It was nice to be back in a university department. The enthusiasm..........!

I will no doubt find a leaver on the street I can take it all out (verbally) on when I am back in the UK. I know my friends who live in the house haven't talked to any of the neighbours for well over a year now. The neighbours are people I have known since I was ten so well..........
These divisions, of the type that have caused civil wars in earlier times, demonstrate the irresponsibility of our politicians.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

And the sad thing is that it was all caused by a rump of the Tory party who are anti Europe and the desire of the main part of the Torys to stay in power. And then there is dear Nigel F who is anti EU whilst drawing a fat salary as an EUMP and no doubt will still be anti EU when drawing his EU pension, which will have to be paid up front as part of the divorce bill.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Imagine Rees Mogg as PM....
I have reached the point now where I think that it might actually be a good thing, because I think the British electorate really needs to learn to take responsibility for its actions, instead of treating politics like a food fight at a toddler's birthday party.

In other words: for things to get better in the UK, they might first have to get (even) worse.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

Corbyn could probably deliver in that manner too!
Old Feb 11th 2018, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Watchpost
I have reached the point now where I think that it might actually be a good thing, because I think the British electorate really needs to learn to take responsibility for its actions, instead of treating politics like a food fight at a toddler's birthday party.

In other words: for things to get better in the UK, they might first have to get (even) worse.
I think I'm pretty much in agreement with this. Especially if Scotland goes independent which will be a shock to the system. How UKIP got so much coverage from the BBC is beyond me, possibly bordering on major bias?

I'm leaning towards "I really don't care any more. Good luck with the cake".

So, what animals shall we keep on our tanya? I think ducks, chickens, pigs and rabbits!
Old Feb 11th 2018, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

I think I'm pretty much in agreement with this. Especially if Scotland goes independent which will be a shock to the system. How UKIP got so much coverage from the BBC is beyond me, possibly bordering on major bias?

I'm leaning towards "I really don't care any more. Good luck with the cake".

So, what animals shall we keep on our tanya? I think ducks, chickens, pigs and rabbits!
Geese, sheep?
Old Feb 11th 2018, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Geese, sheep?
Don't like geese, too fatty and they can be pretty aggressive.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Don't like geese, too fatty and they can be pretty aggressive.
I love goose but I take your point!
Old Feb 11th 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I love goose but I take your point!
I've been involved in butchering geese and ducks and I think there is better eating on the ducks and the fat is just as good. Duck is really nice. Combine it with rabbits and that is a good meat supply.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

I've been involved in butchering geese and ducks and I think there is better eating on the ducks and the fat is just as good. Duck is really nice. Combine it with rabbits and that is a good meat supply.
Yup, very true, I love duck too!
Old Feb 11th 2018, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yup, very true, I love duck too!
If we can get a nice breeding population of chickens, ducks and rabbits (how hard can rabbits be? Exponential growth!) that should set us up nicely. We have a hectare for growing veg, half a hectare for fruit trees and the rest for the bees.

It's not such a big thing doing your own butchery, just the pigs you'll need help with. The problem being that every time I see the pigs I'd end up thinking of David Cameron..... And that makes me feel dirty.....
Old Feb 11th 2018, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

If we can get a nice breeding population of chickens, ducks and rabbits (how hard can rabbits be? Exponential growth!) that should set us up nicely. We have a hectare for growing veg, half a hectare for fruit trees and the rest for the bees.

It's not such a big thing doing your own butchery, just the pigs you'll need help with. The problem being that every time I see the pigs I'd end up thinking of David Cameron..... And that makes me feel dirty.....

Good luck with it - hard work but satisfying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.