Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Snow - will it ever stop!

Snow - will it ever stop!

Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:39 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow - will it ever stop!

Originally Posted by Polgardi
I am sick of the sight of it. Need to travel tomorrow so am hoping its not too bad, but luckily we are right near the motorway.
Hubby is less than impressed.... Half way through a 140sqm drive! The lads already spent hours shovelling the snow off it - come tomorrow they will need to do it again
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

On Tuesday I asked my neighbour to get me a truck load of firewood. I think she gets it from Kaposvár. I had asked for it to be delivered on Friday (today) but on Wednesday morning she came round and asked if it would be OK for me to have it later that day instead of Friday. Looking out at all the fresh snow I now understand why she brought the job forward!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Same story here on the flat bit.
Still falling steadily and no sign of it stopping any time soon.

Just when I was thinking I would be able to get out and make a start on sorting out the garden soon.
I went to the local garden centre end of last week but they have a sign saying closed until 1st March because of weather, so as Rural said a few posts ago, Trust the locals!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here in Magyarkesyi. About 3 cm but it's getting heavier at the moment.
We're getting frustrated as we need to get the garden sorted too. Hubby trying to build walls, lay paths, build patios etc etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:18 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by judybaby
Same here in Magyarkesyi. About 3 cm but it's getting heavier at the moment.
We're getting frustrated as we need to get the garden sorted too. Hubby trying to build walls, lay paths, build patios etc etc.
LOL, I haven't even thought about the garden.... Indoor or greenhouse sowing only for a while as the rains have yet to come

Nightmare though when you have to make a living outdoors in this weather!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

I was so fed up with it yesterday that I got all my seeds going in my hall!

I now have shelves, tables etc set up in front of the windows in our hall, with seed trays, egg boxes, yoghurt pots, fruit cartons , cut up plastic bottles etc etc all over the place.

One advantage of having long halls down one side of the house I suppose
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Typically British that a thread on weather should rapidly be approaching the most posts, right benind TV and food.

(Still snowing here quite heavily, and yes the novelty of pavement clearing has now well and truly worn off!)
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

7" this morning in Balatonszentgyorgy
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

None here in Magyarkezsi. It is raining though and I think I'd rather have the snow.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

4 inches of snow overnight in Tapsony, but very impressed with the snow plough that has gone through 4 times this morning and we are on a little back road.
Enjoying the garden even with the snow, a good opportunity to see structure and where winter interest needs to be added, plants so cheap here you can experiment with topiary shapes.
Very relaxing being able to prune trees and shrubs without all the leaves getting in the way.
Packets of seeds on sale in supermarkets, Tesco's minus 39% so bargains to be had.
it's just as much fun planning a garden scheme for the year as it is doing it and dreaming of warmer times.
Does the snow ever close Budapest airport? might not be able to get back to work, on Monday, but don't think that excuse would go down well with my head.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 10:54 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Tapsony-Hungary
Does the snow ever close Budapest airport? might not be able to get back to work, on Monday, but don't think that excuse would go down well with my head.
About 7-8 inches here. Usually takes a lot more than this to affect the airport and likely much of it will go gone by Monday. So, no excuse for an extended holiday
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 7:04 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

snowing again
Old Feb 24th 2013, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

If it's any consolation it's biting cold in the UK!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 10:16 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by FenTiger
If it's any consolation it's biting cold in the UK!
Thaw started here, don't want to tempt fate but I think that might well be the end of it.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Thaw started here, don't want to tempt fate but I think that might well be the end of it.
Hope so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.