Reload this Page >

rubbish disposal

rubbish disposal

Old Jun 14th 2016, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

clive bradbury is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rubbish disposal

Hi,

having recently bought a house, and purchased lots of contents, we now have a host of rubbish to get rid of - mostly packaging. Are there any equivalent to UK municipal garbage tips in Hungary that we could use to dispose of it?

We live in the Eger area (not permanently just yet).
Old Jun 15th 2016, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rubbish disposal

Our local rubbish collection operation has a facility whereby you can take rubbish in for a fee, charged by the kilo. I suspect most area rubbish operations have the same facility.

Otherwise if it is packaging then sort it into plastics and paper and put it in the recycle bins or bags.

Unfortunately polystyrene is not recycled as it is too expensive to do so, so this has to go in the rubbish. Any we get we feed into the dustbin as space allows.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

If you have cardboard it might be worth asking your neighbours if they want it for lighting their stoves or whatever.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there will be rubbish disposal site somewhere near you.
They will also take old electricals and building rubble.

We flatten all cardboard boxes and old newspapers and save them for the local school who collect them.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, whereabouts near Eger are you as I work in Eger, have a house in thills near there but live in Bükkszék?
There is an annual rubbish removal day but that's been and gone. Most places have a monthly recyclable collection or you could burn the cardboard etc if you have a garden.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information. I do plan to burn most of the cardboard - it's the plastics that are more trouble.

We live in Bukkmogyorosd, about 4k from Silvasvarad.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clive bradbury
Thanks for the information. I do plan to burn most of the cardboard - it's the plastics that are more trouble.

We live in Bukkmogyorosd, about 4k from Silvasvarad.
When I moved from South Africa I saved most of the larger cardboard boxes and am glad I did because where I live decent sized cardboard boxes are hard to come by.

I used them to store things like jam jars and the collection of books I've accumulated over the years as well as various items I don't have room for in the house. Plastic I mainly disposed of in the dustbin over a period of time, but saved any wrapping paper to light the stoves in the winter.

Welcome to Hungary! It's nice to see more people moving to this side of the country. I live 60km the other side of Miskolc and rarely meet any other Brits in this neck of the woods!

Funnily enough I and one of my dogs will be in Silvasvarod at the beginning of next month as I particularly want to see the Lippizaner horses!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sachina,

funny how life works out. Our first visit to Hungary was as part of a two-city holiday - Vienna and Budapest. As a keen rider myself, we saw the Spanish Riding school display in Vienna.

Never dreamed that within two years we would own a house a stone's throw from their stud!
Old Jun 18th 2016, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clive bradbury

Never dreamed that within two years we would own a house a stone's throw from their stud!
Clive really!
I certainly hope you are NOT throwing stones at those beautiful animals!