Reload this Page >

Rubbish Collection company?

Rubbish Collection company?

Old Dec 18th 2016, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rubbish Collection company?

Hi All,

Does anyone know the company or office in Budapest you need to go to when you first buy a property whereby you then need to register with the local dustbin men or council. In other words, how do you get your dustbin(s) emptied each week? And who do you pay?

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2016, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish Collection company?

Afaik every county has a different company for garbage - here in Zala it's Zalaispa. Your Mayor should know.
Googling for "szeged szemétszállítás" gives this:
SZKHT
Old Dec 18th 2016, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Wolfi,

Found one in Budapest (from the city/mayor office) and have emailed them.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point

The dustbinmen come to my village once a week and empty everyone's bins as long as they are placed on the verge beside the road. The cost is included in the annual 'council tax' and I never had to register.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

So it's different from county to county nowadays ...
It was the same here but last year we got letters from this company, bills of course - and also stickers to put on the bins - bins without stickers are not emptied.

Also the policy seems to be similr to the German one - any problems like an overrunning bin - no service!

I remember that last year some households didn't even have bins - they just placed a sac with rubbish on their drive or one or more sacs in addition to the bin!

Now it's really strict around here at least.

Wait:
Just saw that you're in Zala too?
Strange - maybe Zalaispa is still extending its "service" or maybe it's because we're near to Hévíz - everything has to be proper for the tourists ...

Last edited by wolfi; Dec 19th 2016 at 5:01 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

My Hungarian girlfriend informs me that the above mentioned is more to do with individual towns and villages income (i.e. community tax/council tax) rather than the county's overall income.

A tourist town for example might put more into their rubbish disposal services, in favour of a good impression for the tourists, as opposed to spending that money on Flowers for example in the summer. Szeged is full of flowers around the city during summer, which must cost a small fortune. Surrounding towns spend on water fountains, statues, paving and benches.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

We have to pay quarterly for our waste disposal which includes plastics etc,a bin is supplied. Thats it, pay and move on,all things considered its still cheap.
Old Dec 25th 2016, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

All I did here is 'buy' the bins (one green, one yellow) from the local office, and they are then put out and emptied every week for the green one and fortnightly for the yellow.
Which is converse to the usage of each, since there is far more goes into the recyclable bin.
Old Dec 25th 2016, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duztee, yours is one more example of the mysteries of garbage collection in Hungary ...

Here near Hévíz we have no bin for recycling but there are containers at several convenient places in the village for glass, paper and plastics - and you get yellow sacs for plastics (following the German example) which are collected once a month ...

And of course the machines at Tesco or Interspar will give you 2 Forints for every aluminum can you return - I'll be a millionaire soon!
Old Dec 26th 2016, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Wolfi, we only recently changed to personal recycling bins, which has led to one (probably unforeseen) problem. they have now removed all the containers from the recycling areas, except for the 'glass' one, glass oddly is not allowed in the yellow bins, don't know if this is a processing issue or a H&S one.
But unfortunately this being the only bin now gets filled up with cardboard and other rubbish by the unintelligent part of the populous.

We also buy green sacks for garden waste which are collected monthly, of course they will only pick up their official bags and will leave any black one you try to sneak into the pile.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Duztee, that's one of the things I could go crazy about - here we have three type of containers but some idiots put in everything, obviously not caring about the environment at all ...

The last time I checked there were plastic bags of rubbish with the paper/cardboard and even shoes and clothes!
And since the containers are open usually the whole thing is a wet mess - horrible!

My wife also gets angry often enough because of the stupidity of (some of ...) her country's people but then I tell her that it's not much better in other parts of the world ...

PS re garden waste:

We are lucky enough to have lots of space so we have two compost heaps. And one of the first things I brought from Germany was a chipper/chopper (they were not available here 15 years ago) so whenever we cut our brushes or trees the stuff gets chipped and added to the compost like the grass and kitchen waste. Some people here still burn everything - and then they have to buy fertiliser ...

Last edited by wolfi; Dec 26th 2016 at 9:03 am.