Notalab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Ok MOD, understood.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Mustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Notalab
Cannot pick up BBC/ITV channels on a small dish.
Would need a dish over 2 metres and signal would probably drop out sometimes depending on time of day.
Small dish picks up CH4 CH5 and most sky progs including all sports channels [allegedly]
Agree. SKYNews and BBC News, Setanta Sports News, Channel 4 & 5 with a small dish but none of the E4's, MORE4's etc - with just a freeview card. Been looking into a gadget called a SlingCatcher that is due to come out this year that will enable you to watch your own Digi/SKY box/PVR/DVD etc from the UK on your TV abroad via broadband, so could watch all the normal UK channels. Of course that needs you to have a place in the UK still to do this.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

JohnnyDangerous is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone on here have a large dish 2m+ who can verify what channels they can get in Hungary?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Mustin is an unknown quantity at this point

In light of Ryanair announcing that they will be cancelling many winter flights in 2008, has anybody heard if Stansted to Balaton/Sarmellek is one of these? It's just that I was talking to a local Hungarian today and he seems to think that this route will close between October and March. I seriously hope not, as this will really mess up my plans.

Anybody got any info..??

Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Not heard anthing yet.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

I'll be in Hungary from 6th - 13th Sept will u be having your monthly gathering around that time?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Look forward to seeing you, meeting is Tuesday the 9th, 6.30[ish]pm at the Fashion Cafe in Gyenesdias. [Out of Keszthely, cross the roundabout where McDonalds is situated and about 1 Km on the left on the main road.]

edited for typo.....
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

I'll be there! You couldn;t do me a favour could you and find out train times from Nagykanizsa to Kezthely and let me know of any cheap hotels in the area could you?

Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

I'll pm you with details.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Originally Posted by JohnnyDangerous
I'll be there! You couldn;t do me a favour could you and find out train times from Nagykanizsa to Kezthely and let me know of any cheap hotels in the area could you?

Thanks
Silly me! no email address to reply [sent it to the wong thread member]
will pm you now

edited once.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mustin

Just to let you know that Ryanair are cutting back on flights from Stansted by 14% this winter and flights to Budapest are being suspended between 4 November and 19 December (including from Bristol) however I do not believe flights to the Balaton are being suspended. Hope that helps.

Cathyg
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Tesseract is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mustin
. Been looking into a gadget called a SlingCatcher that is due to come out this year that will enable you to watch your own Digi/SKY box/PVR/DVD etc from the UK on your TV abroad via broadband, so could watch all the normal UK channels. Of course that needs you to have a place in the UK still to do this.

Slingbox, I have heard, also works very well, though I don't have one myself Not sure if you can buy yet in the UK, just US.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

lauren1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

This site was recommended from another forum and i am so glad i was .

This thread is brilliant. Lots of helpfull and uplifting things. (although i know it must not be all good).

I just cant believe there is only this thread for hungary

Anyway im here doing some research about hungary as me and my partner are seriously thinking about leaving the UK. We have been house hunting for a year in the UK with no luck and my partner is very unhappy in his job.

I wonder if there is any call for painters and decorators in hungary? as im not yet ready for retirement

I feel like i butting in on this thread so maybe soon there will be a section for hungary soon

Hope to talk to you all soon
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:16 am
Just Joined

backtobasics is an unknown quantity at this point

I must admit it's a bit weird making submissions to this thread regards retireing to an Hungarian village nowhere near lake Balaton. I did originally come to the expats site looking for help/discussion on Hungary, having not seen Hungary in the Europe list I carried on searching but then later had a 'Google' search hit on this thread.

It's been a great find for me and I have found it so helpful in my research for moving out there. Notalab in particular has been marvelous in his help, thankyou.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:33 am
Just Joined

backtobasics is an unknown quantity at this point

Lauren1983 as you'll see from my last posting I've used this thread in my research for moving to a place other than Lake B'ton in Hungary & as this is the only thread on Hungary I doubt anyone would feel that you were butting in at all.
There are a lot of properties available at very low prices, please feel free to email or pm me and I can send you some url links that would be helpful in your search.

My wife & I visited Hungary for the first time in May this year, we fell in love with a place 80 or so Kms East of B'pest & are now buying a property there.

The availability & benefits of the countless thermal spas in Hungary don't get much mention which is a shame cause we were sceptical about them but after 'relaxing' in the swimming pool sized one on camp site, my wife & I noticed certain health improvements.

Just my thoughts/opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.