Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:40 am
Just Joined

geraldine46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Hi, thanks for the replies - I would really love to send PM but the system does not let me do so. Any ideas how i can get through - shall I post my cellphone?

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi Geraldine and welcome to the BE forums, I'm the concierge for the Hungarian section so just give me a shout should you need any help.
There are no winter meetings and due to the distance, it is only occasionally that people from as far down as Siofok frequent the BB meetings. The closest to you would be Polgardi who I think has replied to you and explained that she is in France for the winter. That said, there is sure to be other expats nearby, it's just finding them. You might want to drop Stromnessdundee a PM as she lived in Siofok for a couple of years before relocating to Budapest and might know of local expats.

Hope you enjoy your time in Hungary
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:13 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Originally Posted by geraldine46
Hi, thanks for the replies - I would really love to send PM but the system does not let me do so. Any ideas how i can get through - shall I post my cellphone?
Hi Geraldine,

In order to access the private message system a member has to have made at least 3 posts in the forum. We had to implement this policy in order to deter spammers who try and spam members via the PM system. I would never advise anyone to post personal details such as a telephone number on a public forum. However you've now made your third posts so you will be able to send and receive private messages.

Welcome to BE, I hope you are enjoying being part of our community.