Residence Card

Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residence Card

Oh I'm sure a white, or green or even polka dot one would suffice, it's not the aesthetics of the envelope they're interested in
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Well I never

I spent no longer than 45 minutes at the immigration office and now have my residence card (addresss card to follow in the post)- I am so happy as I was expecting a long drawn out process. My experience was more similar to what Riahun had described in her earlier post. Basically they were more concerned that I could pay for healthcare (am not retired) and had 'enough' money in bank. Sorry - cannot say what that is as they did not tell me, I took in printed out bank statement and they just took a copy, ticked it and gave it back to me. I did say I was self employed (which I am) as opposed to looking for work and offered a business card, but they were not too interested. I did have to write and confirm that I would send a copy of my private health insurance contract once I had it (still looking for something). I am no millionaire so I doubt it was my bank account that swayed the day, so it is the means to pay your way and health insurance that is the key.

Now the thorny issue of UK car/Hungarian car etc etc etc to consider
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Cliff.and.Julie is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't need private insurance at Kaposvar, I just showed my European health card
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:49 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cliff.and.Julie
I didn't need private insurance at Kaposvar, I just showed my European health card
and that is an example of why some people are having problems obtaining residency - there seems to be no set requirements.
I think we will have to start a list with names of the more "helpful" immigration officers......
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Glad it went well for you, Polgardi.

I think they are only concerned about you being able to pay for health service if you don't have your European health card. I assume Polgardi is not covered by NHS any more, just like my partner and we had a lot of hassle trying to get his TAJ card but he finally has it.

Ria
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I did have my health card with me, but was not asked for it, so did not offer it. In hindsight perhaps I should have. I was just in such a panic to get the card, if they had of asked me to do a cartwheel I would have done
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:51 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by riahun

I think they are only concerned about you being able to pay for health service if you don't have your European health card. I assume Polgardi is not covered by NHS any more, just like my partner and we had a lot of hassle trying to get his TAJ card but he finally has it.
Hi Ria, just wondering if you had any advice for the user on this thread as I think he has a similar problem? Thanks

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Aug 24th 2011 at 12:53 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

I think it may of helped if you showed your card as it's proof that you have been paying in somehwere.
We are not pensioners we had to proove we had enough money in account and also we had to proove we paid into the Spanish health system which is where we lived before here. Once they were happy with that we could sign for the health system here it is around 5000 forint a month.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got the address card today, 2 weeks before they said it would arrive - impressed
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Austin Allegro is an unknown quantity at this point

Presumably once you're signed up to the Hungarian state health insurance you then have to apply for a Hungarian EHIC card for trips outside Hungary?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Austin Allegro
Presumably once you're signed up to the Hungarian state health insurance you then have to apply for a Hungarian EHIC card for trips outside Hungary?
Err, pass on that one. I have not yet signed up for Hungarian State Health Insurance.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Austin Allegro

Does Hungary have one??

I always presumed that it should, being in the EU but no-one I've come across seems to know anything about it.

4 years ago at the hospital in Eger my Mother, whilst on holiday used hers and it took a couple of days for them to verify what it was as they'd never seen one before.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

tomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the rough

Yes, Hungary has EHIC as everybody else in EU. Please see e.g. http://www.oep.hu/pls/portal/docs/PA...IZT_KARTYA.PDF
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the link on the EHIC card, not sure if I have missed it but I can't see the UK on there.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

tomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the rough

Egyesült Királyság = United Kingdom :-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.