Residence Card

Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Residence Card

Hi male1963

Glad I could help. Please do let us know how you got on, I'm sure everyone wants to know.

Ria
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably this card is only for foreigners living in Hungary? Does everyone also have to carry an ID card as in many countries? I'm looking to live in Hungary but keep my property in Scotland. If possible I want to carry on paying national insurance in UK, in the hope of eventually getting a pension. I'm wondering if you ever have to prove where you have been living or that you have been in or out of a particular country for so many weeks etc? Personally I think I would try to avoid being registered as a resident if possible.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

male1963 has a spectacular aura aboutmale1963 has a spectacular aura aboutmale1963 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by riahun
Hi male1963

Glad I could help. Please do let us know how you got on, I'm sure everyone wants to know.

Ria
Well!

I have just returned from the immigration office and I am bloody furious!!!!

They didn't actually care one little bit that I had a good amount of money on my UK bank account, they were only bothered about the fact that I am not receiving regular monthly payments into my bank account.

They also brought up the issue of health care to which I told them that I would take out health insurance when I had the residents card. But that didn't satisfy them either really.

What they want is for me to return in 3 months time and my bank account must show regular monthly payments being paid in.

I currently don't have a job but that will of course change in the future. But that still means that these regular monthly payments won't be coming immediately.

All in all, it was a complete and utter red-tape exercise which would put anyone off from even wanting a residents card.

I will look at ways around this now.

male1963
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

male1963 has a spectacular aura aboutmale1963 has a spectacular aura aboutmale1963 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by male1963
Well!

I have just returned from the immigration office and I am bloody furious!!!!

They didn't actually care one little bit that I had a good amount of money on my UK bank account, they were only bothered about the fact that I am not receiving regular monthly payments into my bank account.

They also brought up the issue of health care to which I told them that I would take out health insurance when I had the residents card. But that didn't satisfy them either really.

What they want is for me to return in 3 months time and my bank account must show regular monthly payments being paid in.

I currently don't have a job but that will of course change in the future. But that still means that these regular monthly payments won't be coming immediately.

All in all, it was a complete and utter red-tape exercise which would put anyone off from even wanting a residents card.

I will look at ways around this now.

male1963
I forgot to mention that I also took my house purchase papers from the solicitor to prove that I have indeed bought a house here and that wasn't enough proof either !

Apparently I need to take the actual Deeds Papers for the house and not just the purchase contract from a solicitor!

Complete farce !
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:13 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
male1963, I am really sorry to hear this and you may have thought I was being pessimistic before but, including our own experience, this isn't the first time I have heard of people having problems. There does appear to be a lack of consistency between offices, though yours appears to have much in common with our office. In that, they must see monthly payments entering the account, ours also insisted on knowing exactly where the payments came from and proof of Health Insurance must be shown before residency.

Hi fidobsa, you will be fine so long as you carry your passport. As I mentioned previously, there are Brits who have lived here for 4-5 years and never registered. Of course, I am sure they comply with immigration laws and spend the required amount of time outside of the country The majority of them have businesses/property outside of Hungary, others (like yourself) wish to continue paying into the UK system and two couples we know are apparently receiving long term benefits from the UK - though they do return regularly for medical appointments etc.

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I found it an easy process and only €3, maybe it depends on your office.
Well I won't tell you how we got an address card even before we got residency!! Best of it was, at the time, we weren't aware of the rigmarole involved in getting one so didn't appreciate it's importance and the other half ended us losing it in Germany. We only discovered "how" it had been obtained when trying to get a replacement

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jan 7th 2011 at 10:00 am.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Hi again

I am really sorry to hear about what you have gone through. I can't believe why they would say one thing on the phone and then do another when you turn up. The thing is, I called the office in Szekesfehervar, so I can't even say different offices might do it differently. I assume you went to the Szekesfehervar office?

I am really sorry, if I hadn't tried to help, you would have been better off.

On the note of finding a job, I'm not sure what kind of job you are looking for and when you would like to start but if you have any kind of degree, chances are you could find a job at a language school teaching conversational English.

It's just an idea and I think I'll stay out of it for now.

Ria
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:50 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely not Ria, we all appreciate the advise and help you give on here and you certainly weren't to know what would happen.
I only had an idea due to personal experience and speaking with other Brits and I don't think any damage has been done. Either Male goes back in 3 months or he doesn't, I wouldn't expect them to go looking for him and as I said, there are a number of Brits who are not registered.
At least you managed to get an answer to the amount required which was more than I did!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi again

I am really sorry to hear about what you have gone through. I can't believe why they would say one thing on the phone and then do another when you turn up. The thing is, I called the office in Szekesfehervar, so I can't even say different offices might do it differently. I assume you went to the Szekesfehervar office?

On the note of finding a job, I'm not sure what kind of job you are looking for and when you would like to start but if you have any kind of degree, chances are you could find a job at a language school teaching conversational English.

It's just an idea and I think I'll stay out of it for now.

Ria
No need to be at all sorry for trying to help Ria, you did a great job finding out the information that you did obtain.

The fault lies with the immigration office I believe. And yes it was the Szekesfehervar office. Anyway... I will postpone my application for the time being and just carry on as I am until my circumstances change.

Regards
male1963
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:45 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by male1963
No need to be at all sorry for trying to help Ria, you did a great job finding out the information that you did obtain.

The fault lies with the immigration office I believe. And yes it was the Szekesfehervar office. Anyway... I will postpone my application for the time being and just carry on as I am until my circumstances change.

Regards
male1963

I doubt it matters really and I doubt anybody really cares, I have been stopped by the police in my car 3 times and have never yet been asked for it, only my passport.

Anyway I was told to stay legal all you need do is pop over the border and get some receipts to prove you left, and your legal again. I don't know how true that is.

It may become a problem if you wanted to buy a car, but you could easily put it in a Hungarians name I guess, if you know any that is.

The only other thing I thought of was, I wonder if you were holidaying on the other side of Hungary and tried to do it in the office there whilst on holiday, what they would say to this?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

We are going ti the imigration office on Monday for residencia. In order for us to register with health service we have been told to obtain an E104 form can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:10 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Carol, you have to request a copy of it from the HMRC website using the form here It's for proof of your NI contributions. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:18 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hope this was what you needed?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hope this was what you needed?

Thanks Rural, I think this is the 1

Carol
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rural

Regarding the EU medical card, when we were in Kaposvar, they asked for it and my partner's just expired. My in-laws didn't even had them with them but the clerk wasn't worried at all. As I said they all just had to sign a form to take full responsibility for their medical needs and that was that.

After you have your Hungarian address card, you can go to the Health Office and ask for a "taj" card. My in-laws were all right and after the forms (S1 I think) were sent off, they got their cards in the post. Steve is on a private pension so he is not covered here by NHS, that's why they wanted him to prove his address for the past year - no idea why this is important though. We still haven't heard back so it's in the process but once we get the forms through, he can pay for his medical card ~5000 Fts a month and he is covered here. However, if you need to pay for your medical, you will need a tax identification number first. That's no big deal, just ask a form from the tax office, fill it out, send a copy of your passport, address card and registration card and they'll send your tax number back to your address.

The problem is everything is tied to something else. You need medical, so you need a tax number and for that you need an address card but to get an address card you need to register with the Immigration Office first...

Never mind, one day it'll come to an end.

We have just been to get register for residencia and now need an E104 form for medical does anyone know where to get this from
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Default E104

I am trying to get an E104 form apparantley I need this to get in to the health system along with my Hungarian residencia which we have already registered for. I have been on line but cannot fingd this can anybody shed any light on this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.