resdiency permit health cover

resdiency permit health cover

Old Apr 22nd 2018, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Szentgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: resdiency permit health cover

Originally Posted by Szeged
I think you are slightly confused with the residence permit and the taj card:

You get the residence permit first (i.e. apply now and get it same day). The application form requires you to either have your own medical insurance (i.e. EHIC) or you will pay for it on a payg basis. So simply answer YES - I Have Health Insurance. You are making out you need a residence permit on the basis of you working in hungary or living (i.e. owning a property) in Hungary.

Once you have the residence permit, nine months later you visit the taj office for a taj card to bring your monthly medical insurance contributions down to around 7,000 HUF. If you apply for a taj card soon after getting a residence permit, you will be paying hundreds of pounds each month (i.e. £300+) until the nine months have happened. Only then do you drop to 7,000 HUF per month.

In other words: Do not state to the Hungarian immigration office you are retiring in Hungary. Just say you are taking a year or so off from the UK to spend time sightseeing Hungary (use brexit as an excuse!) whereby your Hungarian address is your base. Then prove you can support yourself during that time by stuffing a few thousand bank into your uk bank account (show money for the hungarian immigration office only).

Altough i speak hungarian, the regulations are not clear for someone who doesnt want to work here..We are going to live in my house, so he'll not own a property, and we are not married..hopefully this is not going to be a problem.I still work, have a pretty high wage, but as we are not married , this might not be considered as being solvent. (he will have only lots of money in the bank)

Thanks for the explanation and all the advice in here!
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

Well just tell the immigration that - That he has money to support his stay, he will not pay rent because he will be living in your property (with you as the partner?) and his EHIC Card will cover his insurance. As other members have stated, the immigration office is not that strict in HU.

You could hire someone like HELPERS if you need more reassurance/help.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks or the advice! Iam going to the immigration oice tomorrow, to see what the procedure is , but i am a step ahead..
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

HI All, just a quick update for everyone interested.In the immigration office i was told, that for registration they only require last months bank statement or saving account statement with a minimum of 1500€ to prove that the applicant can support him/herself.They even accept cash in hand.So sounds easy, passport, bank statement, and an address where the person is going to live, all required.
No update on the TAJ card yet, i am going to the OEP office next week to find out.
Old May 5th 2018, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

HI All, update on TAJ card.I was told by the lady in the OEP office, that one can have a TAJ card and pay health contribution (7110 forint / month) after 9 months and 90 days , so that is one year.Othewise one has to pay 69900 forint / month for 12 months, and receiving life saving treatment only!So get registerd (registartion card) early and a 1 year from your registration card date(plus you need the S041 as well) you can pay the normal 7110 FT rate.Thanks for Your advice, which saving us 2400£ already just letting you all know, that the 9 months is not correct, its 12 months!
have a good weekend.
Old May 5th 2018, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If you have to pay 69,900 forint / month for 12 months (close to £200 a month !) I'm wondering what would be the cost of a private health cover for 1 year, it might be cheaper.
Old May 5th 2018, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

yes, probably..the move is early next year , so we are OK
Old May 5th 2018, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
If you have to pay 69,900 forint / month for 12 months (close to £200 a month !) I'm wondering what would be the cost of a private health cover for 1 year, it might be cheaper.
ive jjust looked...around 100£ per month or private medical insurance
Old May 5th 2018, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

And by the time you have punted around different providers and thought about exclusions or excesses and whether GP visits are included you might get the cost lower by electing to cover some of the costs your self e.g. GP visits.
Old May 5th 2018, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
And by the time you have punted around different providers and thought about exclusions or excesses and whether GP visits are included you might get the cost lower by electing to cover some of the costs your self e.g. GP visits.
That's what we did our first year!
Old May 5th 2018, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

To keep in mind is that you can have all the private insurance you want, once you have seen the private GP in their expensive offices/surgeries, if you need to go to hospital you will still need to go to the local hospital. You MAY be seen quicker etc, however you will still be in the "normal" hospital and under the control of the same local doctors etc. and unless you are in a very private hospital of which there are VERY few, you will still just be part of the normal system.