Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
I sat is the office of a "kozjegyzo" or Notary yesterday in Veszprem to talk through options on Hungarian Wills. The inclusion of out of village property came up. She explained that in the cases of non Hungarian EU foreigners, in 99,9 % of cases, when the papers go the Min of Ag in Budapest, they find a reason why the sale should not go ahead.

Clearly I wish this was rubbish but on pushing yesterday, the lady advised that sadly that was the Hungarian way of doing things to keep EU people out of land ownership.

I wonder whether this accords with others experience of whether I should look for alternative legal advice?
The Min of Ag can only reject the sale if it contravenes the regulations and they will (must) justify their action by quoting the actual regulation that they are acting upon. (its the same with any official Hungarian decision, which is why they are all pages long) Any decision will also give the appeal time limit. In the case of a sale being rejected the solicitor involved should lodge the appeal or another solicitor if the person is not happy with the legal work done or the solicitor is not up to it.

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Apr 10th 2015 at 7:10 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 8:41 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_In_Hungary
The Min of Ag can only reject the sale if it contravenes the regulations and they will (must) justify their action by quoting the actual regulation that they are acting upon. (its the same with any official Hungarian decision, which is why they are all pages long) Any decision will also give the appeal time limit. In the case of a sale being rejected the solicitor involved should lodge the appeal or another solicitor if the person is not happy with the legal work done or the solicitor is not up to it.
I suppose the proof of the pudding is whether or not EU citizens have actually acquired agricultural land under 10,000 sq meters since March 2014. I am told that "while the bread is certainly made, it is sadly locked in the cupboard"

Are there statistics available on EU foreigners land purchases since March 2014?

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 14th 2015 at 2:20 am. Reason: Quotes gone to pot. Probably some glitch somewhere
Old Apr 13th 2015, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
Originally Posted by Peter_In_Hungary
I suppose the proof of the pudding is whether or not EU citizens have actually acquired agricultural land under 10,000 sq meters since March 2014. I am told that "while the bread is certainly made, it is sadly locked in the cupboard"

Are there statistics available on EU foreigners land purchases since March 2014?

Yes I am one of the Foreigners whom now own such Land digger 47

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 14th 2015 at 2:19 am. Reason: quotes
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:15 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Digger47
Thanks Digger, good to know yours got through the system.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 14th 2015 at 2:18 am. Reason: sort the quotes
Old Apr 14th 2015, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Digger47
Originally Posted by JohnGilbert
Thanks Digger, good to know yours got through the system.
John, lets clear a few things up
1/ There is at no point Central Government is involved in the Process in Purchasing the Property
2/ The chain is simple
a/ Statutory notice intent the purchase is posted by the settlement Polymaster if within the this time no one as any interest in increasing the price or have objections then He sends it to The District Government Office.
b/ The Document's sent to County Land Office whom then rubber stamp this there is no involvement by any other office this will take 28 days to Land Back at your Lawyers Desk
c/ Exchange Contracts, Lawyer Sends all document's back and the Official Document's are completed, this week received all document's back stating I am the Owner of the Land
It must be stated that cannot sell the Property for 5 years unless you Clog it then the Line of inheritance takes affect
The Land classification is Plot is called Special Outskirts Plot not Zartkert digger47

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 14th 2015 at 2:21 am. Reason: Untangle quotes glitch
Old Apr 14th 2015, 4:15 am
Veszprém Megye

Originally Posted by digger47
John, lets clear a few things up
1/ There is at no point Central Government is involved in the Process in Purchasing the Property
2/ The chain is simple
a/ Statutory notice intent the purchase is posted by the settlement Polymaster if within the this time no one as any interest in increasing the price or have objections then He sends it to The District Government Office.
b/ The Document's sent to County Land Office whom then rubber stamp this there is no involvement by any other office this will take 28 days to Land Back at your Lawyers Desk
c/ Exchange Contracts, Lawyer Sends all document's back and the Official Document's are completed, this week received all document's back stating I am the Owner of the Land
It must be stated that cannot sell the Property for 5 years unless you Clog it then the Line of inheritance takes affect
The Land classification is Plot is called Special Outskirts Plot not Zartkert digger47
Thanks Digger. The legal person in Veszprem I spoke with talked of all papers going to Budapest for approval & Peter talks of approval by the Min of Agriculture. Maybe this is part of your stage 2a - "District Government Office" - time will tell?

Glad you are the owner now of yours.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

If your intentions owing such Land be warned I dropped in a big hole the land had planning for a new building in line with plot size to new Building but the former owner did not build the building so time lapse ment a new application for new build so now just heard that it as been Rejected The Reason Being is the access road it is a sheared road under new regulations new building as to be on Main Road I shall appeal against this decision So Be Warned if intending to do a new Building digger47

Last edited by mawood47; Jul 16th 2015 at 8:42 am.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digger47
If your intentions owing such Land be warned I dropped in a big hole the land had planning for a new building in line with plot size to new Building but the former owner did not build the building so time lapse ment a new application for new build so now just heard that it as been Rejected The Reason Being is the access road it is a sheared road under new regulations new building as to be on Main Road I shall appeal against this decision So Be Warned if intending to do a new Building digger47
I have given up to lodging a appeal against given the planing application the wife reading all what is involve I think the stress will finish my days of earlyer than I won't, so I have to spend rest of my life in a twin axle caravan, at a meeting it was clear then I could not have a separate shed with modern WC and Bath ect I have to use the thunder box and live a in primitive life, if I attenpt any think to give me quality life, they will post a order to remove and impose a fine digger47