Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Old Jan 9th 2015, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

The New Land Laws over Foreigners purchasing Zartkerts , I no I was pushing for answers not only on this blog page but calling in to speak to a Member of the Ministry of Rural Affairs in Budapest, so then the Law was changed, But what a Mine Field now been 8 weeks the Stature notice to purchase a Zartkert, but told to day it will be at lest a further 4-6 to complete as to go before a Committee witch meets Monthly not weekly for their approval for a Foreigner to purchase this plot then back to Land Office for the documentation to be completed, then and only then sent to Law to complete the sale, so the bottom line is up to 14 weeks to get to the end of a property purchase So I wish I had not started and invested in present place but disability and poor health and not to get up to it in the deeps of winter and if taken ill no one could find the plot, so info for the recorded as to this County wear I am digger47
Old Jan 13th 2015, 11:58 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of it having to go before a committee Digger, we have had completions after the 8 week period. We had a demolition permit which had to go to the monthly committee meeting, took three months as meetings kept being cancelled due to members being on holiday - ho hum.....
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Never heard of it having to go before a committee Digger, we have had completions after the 8 week period. We had a demolition permit which had to go to the monthly committee meeting, took three months as meetings kept being cancelled due to members being on holiday - ho hum.....
Well that's True Pulling my Hair Out over all of this Ruling, This will mean any one in this County will have to got through the Same Rigmarole, this will Deter any EU member purchasing my other Property, so it will be March before I get the Keys digger47.5
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digger47
Well that's True Pulling my Hair Out over all of this Ruling, This will mean any one in this County will have to got through the Same Rigmarole, this will Deter any EU member purchasing my other Property, so it will be March before I get the Keys digger47.5
RH Just digging back to "Peter un Hungary" "post no 13" "March 23 2013" go down to Sentence starting with "So if you find a wonderful place, read on from there digger47.5
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:43 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Must be area dependent or still being phased in as a "land committee" was not involved in either of the sales we dealt with and both completed after the 60 days with nobody exercising their pre-emptive rights.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Must be area dependent or still being phased in as a "land committee" was not involved in either of the sales we dealt with and both completed after the 60 days with nobody exercising their pre-emptive rights.
I fully agree their is not a uniform passion in dealing with the sales of property on Closed Garden Land I have spent a long time visiting the Government Rural Affairs in Budapest asking and asking for clarification on the New Land Laws, now given Up asking for clarification, So I have to go a long what the Land Office for this County states, in fact I was very angry over their response and nearly having Divorce Preceding from the wife, We as EU Members we have to go by the New Land Laws if it differs from County to County, I have to accept this, I at the end "MY Tolerance Over This" digger47.5
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I have now in hand fully authorized Translation of current legislation in regards to Foreign,s owning Agriculture Land the Act dated 15 December 2013 and amendment's dated 28th December 2014 if any interested Pearson wish for a copy I will be willing to forward foreword by email after returning on 10th March as flight immanent I will make it clear that what is sent is as I have received and I can not be responsible for it's contents and any pragmatic argument's digger47
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I have now in hand fully authorized Translation of current legislation in regards to Foreign,s owning Agriculture Land the Act dated 15 December 2013 and amendment's dated 28th December 2014 if any interested Pearson wish for a copy I will be willing to forward foreword by email after returning on 10th March as flight immanent I will make it clear that what is sent is as I have received and I can not be responsible for it's contents and any pragmatic argument's digger47
Could this translation be (legitimately) posted on this site...If you are willing Digger......and if the moderators think it would be OK.
I am sure that there are / will be lots of readers interested.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:57 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

It would be great to have it available. Hopefully can get on site as Peter suggests?
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Could this translation be (legitimately) posted on this site...If you are willing Digger......and if the moderators think it would be OK.
I am sure that there are / will be lots of readers interested.
ut
Yes nem problem but will be 2/3 pages of text as the reason not till returning from uk till 10th March I have to have the pages re/sized at Staples office supply's can not be don hear correctly to A4 size, the Hungarian State Translation office in Budapest present them this way and the text is size 6 ,so when back all will be in order to post if acceptable digger47
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:23 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding on the "pre-emptive" rights are that if a local wants to buy at the same price agreed they can step in & buy the land at the agreed price - so cutting out the prospective purchaser. I think this existed before any issue of new laws allowing foreigners to buy outside towns & villages.

I am now a local (though a foreign one) in my village. Lakcim card & Regisztracious Igazolas etc. If someone wanted to GIFT me some garden hill land, I wonder whether as a foreign local, a Hungarian local can trump me & exercise Pre-emption rights? If the land is being gifted - it would be pretty easy for others to match the Ft0 price

I reckon legal advice is needed but who to ask???
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
My understanding on the "pre-emptive" rights are that if a local wants to buy at the same price agreed they can step in & buy the land at the agreed price - so cutting out the prospective purchaser. I think this existed before any issue of new laws allowing foreigners to buy outside towns & villages.

I am now a local (though a foreign one) in my village. Lakcim card & Regisztracious Igazolas etc. If someone wanted to GIFT me some garden hill land, I wonder whether as a foreign local, a Hungarian local can trump me & exercise Pre-emption rights? If the land is being gifted - it would be pretty easy for others to match the Ft0 price

J. G., I would suggest that www.ingatlanjog.hu this site the wife gave me in regards to planning regulation on new plot, when there, I am on MSN to use translate results the list is endless with help
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:49 pm
Veszprém Megye

J. G., I would suggest that www.ingatlanjog.hu this site the wife gave me in regards to planning regulation on new plot, when there, I am on MSN to use translate results the list is endless with help
Many thanks Digger - I'll have a look
Old Feb 24th 2015, 12:12 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by John Gilbert

Hi John,

if you need to know, I can ask our solicitor for clarification but as I understand it, the only exemptions from pre-emptive rights are
  1. the trans­fer is between close rel­a­tives
  2. the pur­chase ter­mi­nates a joint own­er­ship
  3. own­er­ship is trans­ferred to a farmer as a con­di­tion of state aid
  4. land is acquired by the local munic­i­pal­ity for pub­lic use

I would imagine they have considered that gifting land could be exploited if pre-emptive rights were exempt and assume a value would be assigned by the land department in relation to the pre-emption but as before, would have to confirm.

This link, in English, provides a condensed but informative guide to the land act.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know you can only gift land to defined close relatives. So you can't gift land to non-relatives to avoid the land laws or tax.

Also whilst 'locals' have a pre-emptive rights there is a hierarchy of locals. Family farms, livestock holdings, those farming adjacent to the land in question and so on. So even if you are resident in the local village this does not guarantee you won't get trumped.

There seems to be a trick emerging whereby the price declared for advertising is ridiculously high, which will put off anyone higher on the priority list stepping in. The actual deal is done at the lower agreed price. This probably has its dangers and is only of value if the seller cares about who he sells the land to. (otherwise how often does the seller care who gives them the money for their land?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.