Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
They voted today I think - I wonder where / if there is a simple statement in English of what the law now is, or rather will be in May 2014?
Wasn't there a bit of a hoo haa in parliament? Or was that over some other land legislation?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Reuters are reporting that only professional farmers who have lived in Hungary for three years can purchase agricultural land. This was passed today by Orban. Not sure what the definition of agricultural land is?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/0...95K0S120130621
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

cathyg
Reuters are reporting that only professional farmers who have lived in Hungary for three years can purchase agricultural land. This was passed today by Orban. Not sure what the definition of agricultural land is?
The definition of agricultural land will be found in Land Office on the title deeds of the particular plot. Each plot has on its registration the type / use of that plot e.g. living house, closed garden, plough land, pasture, forest etc. As a minimum plough land, pasture and forest will be agricultural land (as they are today) with perhaps closed gardens included.

As usual with these things the headlines and first comments in the media can be a bit misleading as the devil is always in the detail, for example there was some talk of exempting small vineyards (aka holiday homes on the hill) as if restricted to 'professional farmers' may become unsaleable and until the actual final law can be gone through and the holes and chinks in the letter of the law can be discovered then the exact situation/possibilities are unknown.

Comments like
"Powerful Hungarian interest groups with ties to the political elite would also be able to scoop up swathes of farmland and force small farmers to become low-paid workers on their own land, they said."
from the Reuters article
bemuse me a little. How? You can't force someone to sell their property, much less sell it and then be required to work on it for low pay! Still if its on the Internet it must be true
Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

In ower area the Straw Man was bisy from last September bying Land at 60 ft per m2 gained over 60 hecters he tryed all ways some dirty tricks as well, as we sit in the midle, no way to his Mad Ways we will not sell digger
Old Sep 28th 2013, 9:09 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
The definition of agricultural land will be found in Land Office on the title deeds of the particular plot. Each plot has on its registration the type / use of that plot e.g. living house, closed garden, plough land, pasture, forest etc. As a minimum plough land, pasture and forest will be agricultural land (as they are today) with perhaps closed gardens included.
Peter, have you heard anything more? I recently heard that zartkert and the like will require the buyer to have been resident in the 20km radius for a minimum of 3 years so as to close the possibility of foreigners renting, obtaining residency and then purchasing such properties - makes sense but wondering if it's true?
Old Sep 28th 2013, 1:23 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Peter, have you heard anything more? I recently heard that zartkert and the like will require the buyer to have been resident in the 20km radius for a minimum of 3 years so as to close the possibility of foreigners renting, obtaining residency and then purchasing such properties - makes sense but wondering if it's true?

Please see link

http://www.politics.hu/20130628/outr...-new-land-law/

It seems to say that EEC people can buy up to one hectare - but maybe the detailed legistlation is different?
Old Sep 29th 2013, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

10,000 Sq.metres seems pretty big for any private individual to purchase.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 9:34 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
10,000 Sq.metres seems pretty big for any private individual to purchase.
A couple can buy that amount now Fen, just not agricultural land. It's about the minimum size that most people look for with a smallholding.

Hi John, yes it is the details that will count but I had hoped by now that things would be clearer. Rumours are that you will have to have lived in a 20km radius for at least 3 years..... As my friend wrote
"I cannot answer this until May. The present government can change everything in a day, so I would wait until May to let it come into force, and then we will know."

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Sep 29th 2013 at 9:40 am.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok try to clair two points up, last week my self and wife was at the Agriculture Show in Budapest witch to include tracking down The Mister of Agriculture did I meet up with one minister whom I have been in contact before Kecsfets Jojos I proberly spelt it wrong, but the bottom line is at present fifty percent of the new law is in place and remainder by end of January 2014 this is his words, all so there is a Agriculture Magazine to purchase and read on line in this copy not sure of the date of but the new legislation cam be read, as regards to distance from present address I not sure of the meaning ie. we live in Budapest and the Plot is 45 km. away. So hop some of this make sence, I wish to resolve this problem ASP as next year if all is clear then I shall sell on line with EBYA Action site any way thats all digger
Old Sep 29th 2013, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok lets try this for those can read and understand Hungaryen, I was give the information direct from a Docement if you wish to follow this through then go to www.magyer kőzlony.hu then look up document no 111 dated 30th June 2013 this not light reading and is a publish Docement ok there my be amdments but as far I am aware this to be publish in January 2013 as the new Land Laws enjoy this light reading I can only master my mother langaue digger
Old Sep 29th 2013, 5:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Digger, yes it's the final details of the legislation that everybody is waiting for and speculating about!
Old Sep 29th 2013, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Digger, yes it's the final details of the legislation that everybody is waiting for and speculating about!
I hope there is some who can Nit Pick this docement and make it clear to every one, so I leave alone for now at least I can say I payed some part in the Clarification digger
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:37 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by digger47
I hope there is some who can Nit Pick this docement and make it clear to every one, so I leave alone for now at least I can say I payed some part in the Clarification digger
Hi Digger, the document includes the property acquisition act which, at a quick glance, is the same as the act I have previously read and it's what is not there that is confusing..... The requirements for land purchases over 1 hectare are quite clear but under 1 hectare, by their abscence, aren't. On reading the act, it would appear that purchases of up to a hectare will be without restrictions however, everybody I have spoken with; estate agents, my solicitor, government workers and the like, are highly sceptical that this will be the case. The assumption is that the new requirement to register the owner and user of such properties (deadline for registration being today) will have a bearing on the final details regulating the 1 hectare purchases. Speculation has been ongoing on Hungarian forums as to what, if any, restrictions will be introduced - the 20km residency radius and minimum length of residency being two of the more frequent suggestions. One of my more knowledgeable friends has said that they have not heard of these particular restrictions and so really it is just a case of waiting and seeing.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Digger, the document includes the property acquisition act which, at a quick glance, is the same as the act I have previously read and it's what is not there that is confusing..... The requirements for land purchases over 1 hectare are quite clear but under 1 hectare, by their abscence, aren't. On reading the act, it would appear that purchases of up to a hectare will be without restrictions however, everybody I have spoken with; estate agents, my solicitor, government workers and the like, are highly sceptical that this will be the case. The assumption is that the new requirement to register the owner and user of such properties (deadline for registration being today) will have a bearing on the final details regulating the 1 hectare purchases. Speculation has been ongoing on Hungarian forums as to what, if any, restrictions will be introduced - the 20km residency radius and minimum length of residency being two of the more frequent suggestions. One of my more knowledgeable friends has said that they have not heard of these particular restrictions and so really it is just a case of waiting and seeing.
It appears the Light at the End of the Tunel is getting closser, I shall leavs this post allon for now I think next Year will be Britter for of Us Digger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.