Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 8:59 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Originally Posted by digger47
good walk up but with crampons and oxegen as we sit 120 meter above the valley
what an image Digger. I walked over a mile to one a couple of weeks ago and it nearly killed me, road was a mud bath, 2 feet of snow!
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
what an image Digger. I walked over a mile to one a couple of weeks ago and it nearly killed me, road was a mud bath, 2 feet of snow!
I no I spend only 8 months on the plot the wife says thats a long time but yes I could stay 12 months wear else can you see Deer pasing through, Squreal in the Tree, Baggear at dawn Wouldpecker giving morning allarm Tap Tap call, allong with the song of the Golden Orean and Phesent and yes the Fox carrying his daily catch
Local Tax 6,820 hf.pa water charges 28.400 hf.pa. elactricity 38.700 hf. pa
transport scooter 80cc bat amobile ins.15.210 pa. pa. yes I live the good life and I am TT
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Ruarl - you must have looked like a yeti when you arrived!
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure was in UK 6 weeks no hair cut 17 weeks no clean Knickers aberslutly Cream Krackered when got there but Big Pot of Tea maid all things wright allong with the fantastic view and no one around in fact there is only 6 of us up hear and on a area of 20 hec. the animall life is fantastic left the Old Dear in Budapest
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave1982
The reason I would be grateful for as much info regarding this topic is, I'm of Hungarian parentage and could apply for dual nationality which may open up more opportunities in purchasing the right property in an area suitable for renting out initially.

Has anyone any views on this or expearience which they could pass on to me in this regard. any help would be much appreciated.
My wife's family are all Hungarian although she was born in England. Her birth was never registered in Hungary (unfortunately) and we spent a long time trying to get her dual nationality. We first enquired in Hungary and were told she couldn't have it because she didn't have a Hungarian address. This was wrong so we tried at the Hungarian embassy in London and they said we had to apply in Hungary. We tried again in Hungary and they told us we had to apply in the UK as that's where we lived at the time. yet again we applied (in person) at the Hungarian embassy in London and they, again, told us to apply in Hungary!!!!!!
We gave up and waited until we moved here and were told the process should be very straight forward and should only take around 3 months. 9 months later and a lot of leg work she received her id card which now makes things easier.
The bottom line is that many officials lie and/or don't know their jobs. It's often easier for them to turn you away than actually get on with what they should be doing.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
My wife's family are all Hungarian although she was born in England. Her birth was never registered in Hungary (unfortunately) and we spent a long time trying to get her dual nationality. We first enquired in Hungary and were told she couldn't have it because she didn't have a Hungarian address. This was wrong so we tried at the Hungarian embassy in London and they said we had to apply in Hungary. We tried again in Hungary and they told us we had to apply in the UK as that's where we lived at the time. yet again we applied (in person) at the Hungarian embassy in London and they, again, told us to apply in Hungary!!!!!!
We gave up and waited until we moved here and were told the process should be very straight forward and should only take around 3 months. 9 months later and a lot of leg work she received her id card which now makes things easier.
The bottom line is that many officials lie and/or don't know their jobs. It's often easier for them to turn you away than actually get on with what they should be doing.
What a horrendous experience for your wife. Things are all sorted.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

It was really frustrating as we knew she was entitled to it but everyone just kept passing the buck.
When we moved here she had a great deal of help from a really nice and efficient lady in our local mayor's office who dealt with the bods in Budapest.
I was going to apply for citizenship as I (wrongly) presumed I'd be entitled to it, being married to a Hungarian national but I'd have to jump through so many hoops and vastly improve my Hungarian language skills so I can't see it happening
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
It was really frustrating as we knew she was entitled to it but everyone just kept passing the buck.
When we moved here she had a great deal of help from a really nice and efficient lady in our local mayor's office who dealt with the bods in Budapest.
I was going to apply for citizenship as I (wrongly) presumed I'd be entitled to it, being married to a Hungarian national but I'd have to jump through so many hoops and vastly improve my Hungarian language skills so I can't see it happening
It's something I thought about after retiring and I have moved to Hungary but I would only do it if it benefited me financially.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FenTiger
It's something I thought about after retiring and I have moved to Hungary but I would only do it if it benefited me financially.
Yes I maid my mind up to retire to Hungary compare UK cost,s to hear there is a big diffrence in living in Hungary money go,s further and I can live the life I whant to live without the hasal as in the UK
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

dave1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been on embassy site London and they have numerous forms for different things. Included is a form for verifying nationality. so can't see why they can pass the buck and refer you to do it in Hungary.

That is apply for nationality.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:41 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave1982
Included is a form for verifying nationality. so can't see why they can pass the buck and refer you to do it in Hungary.
Was that at the Hungarian embassy? If so, everything is possible in Hungary - especially if it lightens their workload
Old Mar 25th 2013, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

We started the process 7 or 8 years ago and completed it about 3 or 4 years ago. They may have updated their system since we tried.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 8:47 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Peter_in_Hungary;10619245.
...... In 2014 Hungary must let foreigners buy land (EU regs) but as Hungary does not want its countryside owned by foreigners .......

Does anyone have any firm news?

I understand that from May 2014 foreigners may be able to buy a Nyaraló outside the village with land up to 1 hectare?
Old Jun 15th 2013, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Almost as many rumours as draft regulations.

There was a meeting in the Min of Ag. on Friday because 230 NGO organisations signed a petition regarding the proposal for the new law. Of the 230 organisations 150 sent representatives but there was no one there from the government side who had any authority to accept or decline proposals. Eventually after some protests the Secretary of state responsible for preparing the Land law (dr. Simon Attila) turned up but when he saw the proceedings were being filmed he demanded the cameras be turned off and no recordings were made. The NGO organisers refused saying that they wanted a record of the meeting so given that the meeting was to be recorded the Secretary of state left without saying anything. He was not prepared to say anything on record!!!

3 draft proposals ago is up on the ministry web site but the 2 most recent ones are not there

Apparently there is to be a vote in parliament next week, already delayed 2 weeks as a result of the NGOs petition and the government's failure to respond in a legal manner to that petition. At this moment none of the NGOs have been able to find on any government web site the proposed law that is supposed to be voted upon next Friday

So speculation abounds in the absence of fact
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:11 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Almost as many rumours as draft regulations.

...................... So speculation abounds in the absence of fact
They voted today I think - I wonder where / if there is a simple statement in English of what the law now is, or rather will be in May 2014?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.