Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Private Dental Treatments – 2016 Prices

Private Dental Treatments – 2016 Prices

Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private Dental Treatments – 2016 Prices

Just in case you are wandering how much private dental treatments could cost in Hungary, or in Szeged at least, here are prices taken from a real private dentist (as advertised in their waiting room, on their “services pricelist” board).

Metal Filling: 8,000 Ft - 14,000 Ft (dependent on the size of the hole, etc)

White Filling: 12,000 Ft – 20,000 Ft (dependent on the size of the hole, etc)

Gold Filling: 24,000 Ft plus gold (dependent on karat, size of the hole, etc)

Extraction: 5,000 Ft – 8,000 Ft

Root Canal: 14,000 Ft - 18,000 Ft (dependent on difficulty/position/number of treatments/etc)

Cap/Crown: 28,000 Ft

The above prices are based on one tooth (per tooth)

Denture: 21,000 Ft – 26,000 Ft (one initial denture) - 7,000 Ft per extra tooth on that denture.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Dental Treatments – 2016 Prices

Very interesting information ... thank you!

Four years ago whilst in the UK I needed a small filling in one of my front teeth which going to the dentist as a private patient cost me £126!

A few weeks ago I was speaking to one of my dog's breeders who is the administrator for a large group of dental practices in this region and he was saying how difficult it is to find newly qualified dental surgeons because they're all going overseas to work as soon as they leave university. To fill vacant posts he's having to recruit from neighbouring countries like Slovakia. One of the most recent coming as far afield as Iran.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not just dentists Sachina. An awful lot of trained people are going abroad. I was recently in Austria and I couldn't believe how many Hungarians there are working out there. There are hundreds of thousands leaving Hungary to work abroad. This will come back and bite Hungary on the Bum one day. Coming home from Austria on the autobahn there were streams of English registered cars charging down the fast lane heading fro Budapest. I doubt if they were all tourists. Shame really.........
Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why, a few years ago, the government brought a ruling that anyone leaving Hungary within a certain time after getting a degree was required to repay the cost of the tuition

In addition recently announced next year the health service sector will get a 26% pay increase followed by 8% the following year and another 8% the year after. This amounts to about 47% increase in 3 years.

I also heard an article where Poland was also suffering (mostly in the villages and smaller towns) with both a lack of skilled and unskilled workforce. - So its not just Hungary.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Not too much OT re doctors:

Even in Germany we have that problem that there are not enough people willing to work as docs(dentists in the smaller towns - especially in Eastern Germany.

And I'm sure you have a similar problem in the UK - the brain drain continues.

PS:

That was one of the reasons why I chose the surroundings of Hévíz - it's also well known as a medical center. You find every kind of doctors here, from dentists to plastic/beauty surgeons.

And my sister who's married to an Englishman and lives near London now still goes to Budapest for dental work - it's so much cheaper!
Old Sep 27th 2016, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

The general pay for a nurse in hungary is 105.300huf per month (Net).= 291GBP a month. With a 47% increase In 3 year time she will earn 154.000huf per month (Net).= 426GBP a month.
106GBP a week takehome pay in 3 years time. Unfortunately the horse has bolted.

Last edited by stargate1234; Sep 27th 2016 at 8:10 pm.