Power Showers

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Power Showers

I have been told that electric showers are hard to come by in Hungary, is this true? If so I will buy one before we relocate.

Many thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:44 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Showers

Hi, you can buy them though outside of Budapest you might not have a great selection. The reason for this is that many houses only have 32amp, it is quite expensive to upgrade to what we are used to in the UK and not worth it to the majority of Hungarians just for a power shower. A 7kw power shower alone needs 32amp. I would perhaps check your electrical supply is adequate before purchasing one.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
I have been told that electric showers are hard to come by in Hungary, is this true? If so I will buy one before we relocate.

Many thanks
Do you mean electric showers or do you mean power showers? In UK a power shower is normally one that uses a pump to create higher pressure or flow rate but does not heat the water and therefore does not use all that much electricity. An electric shower does not pressurise the water but does heat it instantaneously so will need a heavy duty electricity supply.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Erm Perhaps I dont know what I mean. I will try not to ask ambiguous questions
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:32 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, if you meant electric shower as in your original post, reply is as above. If you mean power shower, as in your title, reply is similar, not overly common in typical Hungarian properties as many need a supply from a cold water tank and a large number of Hungarian homes don't have one.
If it's pressure you are worried about, most properties have adequate pressure for a normal shower head.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

stromnessdundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We had to have a power shower in the UK but it is okay here. We have lived in 2 properties and the amount of water coming through the standard shower installed here is fine. Our present house has a combi boiler and it cannot cope if someone is showering and someone else runs a tap. A common problem if a combi is under specified. Getting thermostatic showers here seems to be hard. I would recommend getting one in the UK- Lidl and Aldi always seem to be having offers. By this I mean a shower with a valve that prevents the water reaching a very hot temperature.