Reload this Page >

Mosonmagyaróvár

Mosonmagyaróvár

Old Dec 26th 2014, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Chips55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mosonmagyaróvár

Good morning everybody and Merry Christmas and a happy new year,

Any one has any experience or advise about buying a house in this area?
Any one heard of house flooding etc. there?
Being close to Bratislava and Vienna the area has appeal for me particulary Hegyeshalom.

Heard any good things?...bad things?...

Thanks.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Mosonmagyaróvár

NOTHING?....!!!
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Never been there but I would think traffic might be heavy through the town itself. A lot of trucks use the 1 instead of the motorway, presumably to avoid vignette charges.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't offer any advice about buying a house there or flooding but it's a town we visited regularly when we lived in Bratislava.

We used to shop there, have lunch (there are a few nice restaurants/cafes) and a walk around the very pleasant town. I wonder if it's kept nice as it has more dentists than you can poke a stick at which attract international dental tourists.

It has a train station if I recall correctly with links to Gyor and Vienna and is handy for the motorway.

I like it. I wouldn't live there but I can see the appeal.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Never been there but I would think traffic might be heavy through the town itself. A lot of trucks use the 1 instead of the motorway, presumably to avoid vignette charges.
I don't recall much heavy traffic in the town at all and I remember that trucks still have to pay vignette charges on a lot of these local roads simply to prevent them using them instead of the motorways.
Old May 18th 2015, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Well, after a long wait we have found a house we like in Dunakiliti and started the procedures to buy. Looks like we might finally settle there next February or even sooner.

Any Brits in the forum living around this area then?
Old May 23rd 2015, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

No one there at all...
Old May 23rd 2015, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I know an expat couple fairly near to you but they are not on the forum. I will send you a PM.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Glan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chips55
No one there at all...
Hello. We have just acquired a house in kisbodak and are looking for assistance in converting the house Into a residential centre for young people from Wales. I will be looking for plumbers and electricians to assist with the work in March. Any help would be great.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi Glan,
That sounds interesting. What is the centre for exactly? I will bear in mind if I come across any of these professionals.
PM me if you wish.
Chips.
Old Dec 26th 2015, 3:15 am
Just Joined

The house will be used by young people from Wales on cultural adventurous visits. The young people will have the opportunity to spend a fewn days on the river, canoeing, visit Vienna, white water rafting in bratislava, visit the local water parks and more. We also hope to make links with local schools. Exciting times.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glan
The house will be used by young people from Wales on cultural adventurous visits. The young people will have the opportunity to spend a fewn days on the river, canoeing, visit Vienna, white water rafting in bratislava, visit the local water parks and more. We also hope to make links with local schools. Exciting times.
How are you planning to supply the food? If you are coming in and cooking their meals then you could fall under the commercial kitchen regs. and these can be a bit onerous - the need to take and keep samples of everything prepared, commercial kitchen standard set up etc. If you are living on site then the regs. can be easier (with the right classification) otherwise self catering is the easiest option.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you need a kind of licence for that activity generally?
Having (paying, I presume ...) guests?
Or at least you have to register?
Old Dec 29th 2015, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Don't you need a kind of licence for that activity generally?
Having (paying, I presume ...) guests?
Or at least you have to register?
The minimum would be registration and an inspection of the kitchen, (a normal good standard household kitchen will pass) up to full commercial kitchen regs.. It depends how you are conducting the business.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

We are looking at self catering along with expedition, river side cooking. licences for outdoor education activities are also all in place. It will be a great opportunity for young people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.