Reload this Page >

money transfer / exchange rates

money transfer / exchange rates

Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Re: money transfer / exchange rates

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
You're welcome. Slightly off topic but is it true your acquaintance Stan did a runner?
As far as I know he's gone back to UK
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I was a late arrival!
I exchanged house purchase money Nov 2011 at 364, so not much different to now.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

atox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Polgardi
When it comes to exchanging money I am a big fan of these guys https://transferwise.com/en They charge a lot less than the banks.
Good tip, used those guys last week and went smooth. Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2014, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by atox
Glad it all went well. They are good for business transactions too.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

just spotted this thread, going to keep note of that link/ bookmark it for future reference.
Old May 14th 2014, 11:19 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atox
https://transferwise.com/en - just used for 1st time, very low fees, good exchange rates and smooth service - do as they say - no surprises. Great service.
Old May 27th 2014, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Quinna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
... very low fees, good exchange rates
That is awesome!

Competition is hot for third party money transfer companies.

However, I wanted to add that if you are moving big amounts, I found it is a good idea to shop around. Different amounts will yield different results because almost all these companies change the exchange rates as the amount increases.

John, you are focused on the right things - "very low fees, good exchange rates". It is worth remembering that the fees as a percentage become minimal as the amount you are moving increases - it is really the exchange rate you have to watch.

While I am talking about exchange rates - I have done really well by monitoring the exchange rates.

It is worth considering that the GBP is strengthening against all major currencies - depending on which way you are sending your money it may be a good idea to hold off or pull the trigger.

Hope that helps!