Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Hungary

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 12:37 pm   #1
Tugela 
Just Joined

Tugela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Renovations

Hello everyone
We have just bought a house in Hungary and need to do renovations to it. What I would like to know is
Where do I find a surveyor to do a topographical survey, some one to do a utilities survey and a measured building survey.
Now, my son is an architect in the UK and he has said this is what I need for him to design renovations for us.
Please, does anyone know how where why and what. We are totally new to this but very excited about our recent purchase.
thank you
Tugela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 1:09 pm   #2
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Renovations

It sounds like your son is intending to design improvements and upgrades. Is that what you want?

I think "renovations" as more along the lines of replace old fittings and strutures (doors, windows, flooring, wiring, plumbing, etc.) with new equivalents, and I don't think you need an architect for that.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:59 pm   #3
BE Enthusiast

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Tugela - What are you thinking of doing and where abouts are you. Some of the building methods here are quite different to those of the UK so what may be spec'ed by a UK architect could cause unnecessary expense and/or confusion here.
Peter_in_Hungary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th 2017, 5:20 pm   #4
Nohow Male
Just Joined

Nohow is an unknown quantity at this point

As Peter asked, whereabouts roughly? Our experience where we are is that you get one well known surveyor who covers an area, unless you're in one of the larger cities.
Nohow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th 2017, 6:29 pm   #5
Tugela 
Just Joined

We have bought in Taska .
Old Nov 4th 2017, 6:45 pm   #6
wolfi Male
BE Enthusiast

wolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nicewolfi is just really nice

Are you here?
Hungary - Táska
Welcome to the Balaton southside!
We're near the eastern end, Keszthely/Hévíz.
wolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th 2017, 6:50 pm   #7
Tugela 
Just Joined

No we in the uk but have bought there in taska wanting to do renovations etc etc .
Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:27 am   #8
BE Enthusiast

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

The area is outside my knowledge for electricians and plumbers (who would normally do (or get done) the utilities plans here) but I may be able to help if a structural engineer is needed. (e.g. roof calculations if you need to replace the roof or other such work)
What renovations are you planning?
Peter_in_Hungary is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Hungary