Hi everyone

Old Jul 24th 2016, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I have just joined and have been reading all the posts. I am especially interested in Northern Hungary as I have been living just north of Szentendre for 17 years teaching English. I would be happy to met UK expats locally for a beer and 'chinwag' !..
I am also activley searching for business oppotunities here in Hungary...so would be pleased to meet up with anyone wirh concrete ideas... If you are in the area do get in touch and we can meet up.....

Regards

Steve
Old Jul 24th 2016, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone

Hi Stargate!

Don't you get a lot of tourists in Szentendre and shouldn't there be business opportunities there too - comparable to where we live near Hévíz?
Old Jul 24th 2016, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wolfi. Good to hear from you. Szentendre does have a vibrant tourist trade but not all year round. Summer tends to be busy and it perks up for a week at Christmas. Full of gift shops, cafés and resturants who don't appear to be that busy these days compared to say, 10 years ago. In addition the property rent is high and its expensive to buy a shop that's in a good position in the town. The prominant shops are about 25-30 millionHUF, might take a while to get a decent return on that investment, and thats just the shop ! Is Héviz not busy ?...
Old Jul 26th 2016, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Hévíz is quite busy now - and one of the reasons why I bought near Hévíz (besides the thermal lake) is that it's "open all year", though of course the number of tourists is lower in winter and some facilities are closed.

And following the tourists or often patients who come for medical reasons a very good infrastructure has developed - from doctors of all kinds to dentists, masseurs, any kind of "beauty service" ...

Another advantage for me as a German was of course that evry business here has at least one person who speaks German.

A bit OT:

We just had visitors from the USA (my wife's relatives, emigrated to Hungary around 20 years ago, and their children) and they were a bit astonished that I often had to help with translating - not too many people speak English fluently around here in Hévíz and Keszthely where the big and interesting stores are ...

PS:

Of course I only had to translate for the children whose Hungarian is severely limited, not much besides igén and nem ...